- Pittsburgh, United States
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Public Policy
- Program Description:
Our highly regarded master’s degree exists at the intersection of policy, technology, analytics and management. We offer an exceptional skill set that no other public affairs graduate program can match.
Through data-driven social science, our graduates create innovative solutions to complex societal problems. From harnessing data for the good of citizens to improving the future of cities, our alumni are impactful change-makers who lead and execute to advance the public interest.
Our Master of Science in Public Policy and Management (MSPPM) program emphasize multi-disciplinary thinking, teamwork and leadership development through academic rigor, experiential learning and co-curricular activities. The program provides market-oriented training that is in demand in the public, non-profit and private sectors making it the ideal choice for tomorrow’s policy leaders.
In additon to 10 concentration areas, students can opt for specialized tracks including the:
- Data Analytics track: providing the skills needed to turn raw data into innovative solutions for the most complex societal issues- providing better transportation networks, national defense programs, cleaner environments, public education policies, international development programs, development of natural resources and more.
- Washington, D.C. track: blends academics with practice with a year-long experience in the nation’s capital. Future policy leaders develop the right skills and build experiences to enable them to make a difference. The second year’s D.C.-based apprenticeship program will help match students to the employer/ sector of their choice, allowing them to gain hands-on experience by working four days per week while they earn their degree at night and on Fridays.
Additional Program Information
- Middle States
- Financial Aid:
- Applicants are required to submit official results from either the GMAT or GRE. The MSPPM degree requires a quantitative background. Because of the quantitative nature of the program, the faculty require that all students complete a college level course in advanced algebra/pre-calculus prior to enrollment. It is suggested that applicants also complete college level courses in economics and statistics prior to enrollment. Students who have not completed these courses may be required to enroll in and successfully complete the Quantitative Skills Summer Program as a condition of their offer of admission. QSSP is free of charge – a 4-week program offered prior to the start of the Fall semester.
- International Requirements:
- All applicants whose native language (mother tongue) is NOT English must submit a test score from the TOEFL (25+ in each section) or IELTS (7+ in each section). The only exception is for students who have worked or studied for 5 years or more in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the Republic of Ireland, the U.K., the U.S. or South Africa.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program