The Canadian Bilingual School of Paris - a piece of Canada in the heart of Paris - is opening its doors in September 2015. Nowhere else in the city will you find the kind of bilingual and bicultural experience that our School offers. Our unique programs g
- Paris, France
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- High School
- Academic Year
- Program Description:
- Our students can choose to learn in English, in French or in both. A truly bilingual and bi-cultural experience that will help shape their lives and provide them with the academic and language skills they will need to succeed in a competitive global economy. It is full STEAM ahead – Science, Technology, Engineering, Art & Design and Mathematics. We are at the forefront of all disciplines, with the added advantage of choice. The Canadian Bilingual School of Paris offers an elite half-day high performance program, aligned with a rich academic program all based on the curriculum approved by the Ministry of Education of the province of British Columbia, Canada. The half-day high performance program is a specialty program available to students from grades 6 through 12. The program offers 25 hours per week of high performance training aligned with the School’s academic program. The half-day pre-professional dance program, the Canadian International Dance Academy, students complete examinations and medal tests with the Royal Academy of Dance (RAD), The Imperial Society of Teachers of Dance (ISTD) and the Canadian DanceSport Federation (CDF). The half-day high performance sports program, the Canadian International Sports Academy, is modelled after the Canadian Sport for Life’s Long Term Athlete Development Model, and the Hockey Canada Skills Development Program. Student-athletes develop a well-balanced high-performance lifestyle. Our coaching philosophy goes beyond the sport itself. For non-native speakers of English or French, the School provides language support for all students in grades Kindergarten through 9 with intensive ESL (English as a Second Language) and FSL (French as a Second Language) programs. Students applying for grades 10, 11 and 12 at the School must demonstrate a functional level of academic English or French to complete the provincial exam requirements of the British Columbia Ministry of Education’s provincially prescribed curriculum.
The Canadian Bilingual School of Paris - a piece of Canada in the heart of Paris - is opening its doors in September 2015. Nowhere else in the city will you find the kind of bilingual and bicultural experience that our School offers. Our unique programs go beyond academic success; we encourage our students to explore their passions and creativity through artistic and athletic programs, which will allow them to compete at the international level. The School delivers the British Columbia Ministry of Education’s provincially prescribed curriculum for grades Kindergarten through 12, offering three academic programs:
- Primary School, Kindergarten - Grade 5, ages 5 - 10
- Middle School, Grades 6 - 9, ages 11 - 15
- Secondary School, Grades 10 - 12, ages 16 - 19
Why choose us?
Simply put, Canada is among the highest rated of OECD countries when it comes to the quality of our education, consistently outperforming major partners such as the UK and the United States.
Around the world, there are more than 85 independent Canadian schools using the excellent curriculum from one of Canada’s provinces. And now, for the very first time, we have one of our own in the heart of Paris. Schools from all over the world use Canada as a benchmark for excellence in learning. That’s because we understand that creating critical thinkers and engaged citizens begins with teaching students how to learn.
We recognize and respect our students for the individuals that they are; we understand that academic success also depends on building strong and ongoing relationships with parents. Our program will ensure that your child is given a competitive advantage at major universities in Canada and around the world.
- Setting Description:
- Our new state-of-the-art facility in the heart of central Paris offers a safe, welcoming and inclusive learning environment – just like being in Canada!
- Program costs vary. Please check the School website for up-to-date information.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program