- Northridge, United States
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Music & Audio Production
- Program Description:
The Master of Arts in Music Industry Administration is a professional program for students desiring an advanced understanding of the evolving business needs of today’s music industry. This alternative to a traditional MBA focuses on the “business” of the music industry for those who want to administer, manage, and monetize a variety of music industry products and services. Students do not have to be musicians or play an instrument to enroll.
Why the CSUN Master’s in Music Industry Administration?
• CSUN is located near the heart of the nation’s professional entertainment community (only 30 minutes from Hollywood).
• Distinguished music industry and business professionals teach all classes.
• Tailored for working adults, this 33-unit program will take only 20 months to complete.
• Classes will meet one evening per week plus the occasional Saturday.
• Participants will enter and proceed through the course of study as a group (cohort), which facilitates networking and the formation of lasting professional connections.
• The program is offered by the Department of Music in CSUN’s Mike Curb College of Arts, Media and Communication in collaboration with The Tseng College.
Additional Program Information
- Accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
- Educational Background: Bachelor's degree in a related field Cumulative G.P.A.: 3.0 or 2.5 and GRE score, in one section of the test, in the upper 50th percentile. GRE scores are not required if your cumulative GPA is 3.0 or higher.
- International Requirements:
- English Proficiency Requirements for International Applicants: Applicants whose language of instruction was not English, are required to take one of the following placement exams: TOEFL – Minimum scores accepted: Paper-Based test: 600, Computer Based test: 250, Internet-based test: 100 IELTS – Minimum score of 7.0 or higher is preferred. PTE Academic – Pearson's Test of English with a minimum score of 65 or higher.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program