- Northridge, United States
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Graduate Certificate
- Business Administration & Management, Business Administration & Management
- Program Description:
Designed for working professionals with undergraduate degrees in fields other than business, CSUN's Graduate Certificate in Business Administration program focuses on the development of essential business-management skills. Upon completion of the program, students will be capable of increasing productivity and achieving enhanced results in virtually any business environment.
This program, which consists of six courses and takes only one year to complete, is a practical tool-kit for immediate, sustained success on the job. It also provides excellent preparation for CSUN's Master of Business Administration (MBA), which is ranked among the nation's best part-time programs in the field by "U.S. News & World Report."
Gain essential knowledge from a nationally recognized business-education leader
All Graduate Certificate in Business Administration courses focus on foundational coursework in core business disciplines and are taught by faculty from CSUN's David Nazarian College of Business and Economics, which is listed among The Princeton Review's "Best Business Schools".
Program features designed to meet the needs of working professionals
- Work-friendly schedule: Classes meet on campus one evening per week and every other Saturday morning.
- Cohort-format delivery: Students progress through the program as a group, ensuring on-time program completion and maximizing interaction and networking with faculty and fellow students.
- Exceptional support services: Students are assigned a program manager, who handles all administrative matters from application to graduation for each cohort, freeing students to concentrate on their coursework and careers.
- Pathway to an MBA: Validation studies have shown that students who excel in CSUN’s Graduate Certificate in Business Administration go on to excel in the university’s MBA program. So CSUN waives its MBA admission GMAT requirement for students who have earned a grade of B or better in each Graduate Certificate in Business Administration course.
Additional Program Information
- California State University Northridge is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
- To be admitted to the GCBA Program, applicants must possess: At least one year of suitable professional work experience A Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution No less than a 2.5 GPA in the last 60 semester/90 quarter academic units attempted, independent of when the bachelor's degree was granted. The entire academic term in which the 60-90 units began will be used in this calculation. Postgraduate course work is included in the calculation only if it consists of standard academic offerings at the upper-division level (third year/junior level or above). Nonstandard credit offerings (professional training, CEU courses, non-degree or other professional credit) are not included in the calculation. Participants with less than a 2.5 GPA will not be considered for the program.
- International Requirements:
- Required English-Language Skills for International Students Those who do not meet the TOEFL score minimum requirements do not qualify for direct admission to the GCBA program. However, those with a TOEFL score below 213 (CBT), 550 (PBT), 79 (IBT) or IELTS score below 6.5 are eligible to enroll for this program via the special pathway for international applicants. This program includes intensive English language and preparation for study at an American university. Students who do not meet the TOEFL or IELTS minimum requirements for the regular GCBA program can start the international GCBA program with intensive English preparation prior to the start of the regular GCBA cohort. Those who maintain a 3.0 (B) grade point average during their intensive English study, with no individual course grades below a B- (2.7), will be eligible to continue in the program. The term in which students start their course of intensive English study is dependent on their TOEFL scores.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program