- Irvine, United States
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Legal Studies
- Program Description:
CalSouthern’s Master of Science in Law (MSL) is an extremely innovative degree program that provides a comprehensive, master’s-level understanding of law for students who do not wish to practice law as an attorney. It appeals to a wide variety of working professionals, from business executives seeking to better manage a corporate legal team, to aspiring entrepreneurs looking to properly structure and launch a business or to those looking to build a legal career in areas such as litigation support. It is also an excellent degree option for human resources professionals, policy makers and law office administrators. The program includes many of the subjects that make up the core curriculum of law-school study, in addition to elective courses in areas such as immigration law, wills, trusts and estates, international law and intellectual property.
- The continuously updated curriculum is extremely engaging, while reflecting the current state of the law
- Receive one-on-one instruction from gifted educators, all of whom are also practicing attorneys
- You’ll cover the field of law, from constitutional, criminal and international law to estates, contracts and ethics
- CalSouthern’s online law library provides a wealth of research tools and invaluable study resources
Originally founded in 1978, CalSouthern is regionally accredited and offers 100-percent online degree and certificate programs in psychology, business, law and criminal justice. You’ll work with the university’s state-of-the-art, proprietary online learning system, with one-on-one faculty mentoring and a personal academic support team to help you meet your academic and professional goals.
- Rigorous, continuously updated, career-relevant curriculum
- With 100-percent online courses and no group projects, you study on your time without compromising your work and family lives
- Monthly course starts and no entrance exam requirements mean you can start right away
- Affordable tuition—and the amount you pay will never increase while you’re enrolled
- A transparent, no-pressure, consultative enrollment process
Additional Program Information
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC).
- Financial Aid:
- Admission to the Master of Science in Law degree program requires a bachelor's degree or its equivalent completed at an appropriately accredited post-secondary institution. The MSL degree requires 36 graduate semester units completed beyond the bachelor's degree. The university may accept a maximum of 6 graduate semester units in transfer toward the MSL. Credit earned in graduate courses for which a grade of “B” or higher was earned will be considered for transfer. To enable the evaluation of prior colle