Hours: 10 hours per week of Intensive Spanish Language instruction in addition to 20 hours per week of the teaching field experience. Credits: Students who take at least four weeks of Spanish language classes will be eligible to receive 3-4 course credit
- San Jose, Costa Rica
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Rolling Starts, Year Round
- Work Types:
- Education, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
- Are you looking to spend time giving something back and gaining teaching experience? Need a change of pace? Want to jumpstart your career and perfect your Spanish? Then the Spanish & Teaching Field Experience in San José program is for you!
By participating in this program, you’ll spend a minimum of two weeks teaching English to local students and learning Spanish. You will live with a host family and best of all, you’ll walk away with a killer resume, professional contacts, lifelong friends, and a new perspective. Are you ready for the experience of a lifetime?
Hours: 10 hours per week of Intensive Spanish Language instruction in addition to 20 hours per week of the teaching field experience. Credits: Students who take at least four weeks of Spanish language classes will be eligible to receive 3-4 course credits, depending on the language level, for an additional fee. Language of Instruction: Spanish and/or English Minimum Spanish Proficiency Required: Beginner. Before your program, you will complete Bridge’s Online Spanish Placement test to determine your proficiency level and match you with the class and placement that are right for you. Minimum GPA: 2.5/4.0 Teaching Placement: Work includes teaching English (grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, speaking, writing, listening, etc.) to primary, middle, and high school students approximately four hours per day. Most volunteers work in the English Learning Rooms at small community centers, orphanages, or shelters for street children. At these projects, volunteers help teach regular English classes and also tutor the children and help them with their homework.
Bridge was founded in 1983 and continues to be a world leader in the field, dedicated to providing innovative services in language, education, and travel. Every year, Bridge's centers provide quality language instruction, teacher training, and professional development to thousands of people across the globe.
- Setting Description:
- Why Study in San José? Costa Rica literally means ‘the rich coast’, and it is indeed a tropical paradise. Pristine rainforests lead to white sand beaches, and the “pura vida” (pure life) pace of life is relaxed. Costa Rica is a great place to begin your adventure: located in Central America and bordering Nicaragua to the north and Panama to the south. A chain of volcanoes and mountains—part of the Andean-Sierra Madre chain—runs the length of the country and separates the Caribbean Sea on the east coast from the Pacific Ocean on the west coast. In addition, Costa Rica has over 1,000 miles of gorgeous white-and-black sand beaches, copious amounts of sunshine, world-class sport fishing, snorkeling and surfing! San José is the capital city of Costa Rica and is the gateway to both the Pacific and Caribbean coasts as well as Costa Rica’s rainforests. The city is located in the Central Valley and has a population of 1.2 million people. Situated at 1,150 meters (3,773 feet) above sea level
- Cost vary yearly, dependent on program length and excursions added to the program.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program