Hours: 10 hours per week of Intensive Spanish Language instruction in addition to 20 hours per week of the teaching field experience. Credits: Students who take at least four weeks of Spanish language classes will be eligible to receive 3-4 course credit
- Cusco, Peru
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Rolling Starts, Year Round
- Work Types:
- Education, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
- Are you looking to spend time giving something back and gaining teaching experience? Need a change of pace? Want to jumpstart your career and perfect your Spanish? Then the Spanish & Teaching Field Experience in Cusco program is for you!
By participating in this program, you’ll spend a minimum of two weeks teaching English to local students and learning Spanish. You will live with a host family and best of all, you’ll walk away with a killer resume, professional contacts, lifelong friends, and a new perspective. Are you ready for the experience of a lifetime?
Hours: 10 hours per week of Intensive Spanish Language instruction in addition to 20 hours per week of the teaching field experience. Credits: Students who take at least four weeks of Spanish language classes will be eligible to receive 3-4 course credits, depending on the language level, for an additional fee. Language of Instruction: Spanish and/or English Minimum Spanish Proficiency Required: Beginner. Before your program, you will complete Bridge’s Online Spanish Placement test to determine your proficiency level and match you with the class and placement that are right for you. Minimum GPA: 2.5/4.0 Teaching Placement: Work includes teaching English (grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, speaking, writing, listening, etc.) to primary, middle, and high school students approximately four hours per day. Most volunteers work in the English Learning Rooms at small community centers, orphanages, or shelters for street children. At these projects, volunteers help teach regular English classes and also tutor the children and help them with their homework.
Bridge was founded in 1983 and continues to be a world leader in the field, dedicated to providing innovative services in language, education, and travel. Every year, Bridge's centers provide quality language instruction, teacher training, and professional development to thousands of people across the globe.
- Setting Description:
- Why Study in Cusco? Peru was the center of the Inca civilization, however it has more to offer than just Machu Picchu. The Amazon River runs through the jungles to the east, the peaks of the Andes run the length of the country, and both offer travelers excellent opportunities for adventure and cultural travel in Peru. Peru is also home to undiscovered beaches on its north Pacific coast rivaling anything Central America or the Caribbean can offer. Peru’s diverse cultures and civilizations culminated in the well-known Inca Empire, and were some of the most advanced in the world. These ancient cultures left behind one of the richest collections of architecture, metallurgy, ceramics, and textiles known to man. Peru shares borders to the north with Ecuador, to the south with Chile and Bolivia, and to the east with Columbia and Brazil. Peru’s geography, climates, and cultures are very diverse due to the natural variation of its regions, which include the coast, the Andes, and the Amazon ju
- Cost vary yearly, dependent on program length and excursions added to the program.