- Reykjavik, Iceland; Akureyri, Iceland
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- High School
- Program Description:
Complete high school credits this summer in Iceland with Blyth Academy International Summers!
The land of ice, fire, and Viking lore, Iceland is a country of extreme contrasts. The cities are vibrant and full of life, with many artistic sites, cozy hip cafés and a music scene to rival cities many times their size. Reykjavik, in particular, is home to numerous artists and a youthful social scene—with almost 24 hours of sunlight in the summer months, it truly is a city that doesn’t sleep! A soak in the hot pools of the Blue Lagoon just outside the city is a must on any visit.
Outside the urban areas, Iceland offers a landscape like no other—with lava moonscapes, mountains, and rocky fields where Icelandic horses roam, the views are truly exceptional. South Iceland is famed for black volcanic beaches, basalt lava rock formations, and rugged sea cliffs, while the East Fjords are known for reindeer, calm weather and seclusion!
Experience all this and more, while you earn a credit!
- Setting Description:
- Program Itinerary: Reykjavik - 3 days South Iceland - 3 days East Fjords - 3 days Akureyri - 3 days West Iceland - 2 days Reykjavik - 8 days Our accommodations in residences, small guest houses and hostels will be simple and will include dormitories.
- $7,390 CAD. Plus $195 registration fee. Includes group airfare arranged by Blyth Academy and an estimated $895 in airline and departure taxes, local taxes and fees. Also includes tuition and supervision. Please visit www.blythsummers.com/fees for an explanation of our departure taxes, fees, and surcharges, and when these fees will be invoiced.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- Blyth Academy strongly believes in the value of educational travel. We believe in making our programs fully accessible to all students, and therefore provide financial aid to students and families who have demonstrated financial need.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program