- Granada, Nicaragua; San Juan Del Sur, Nicaragua
- Program Type:
- Volunteer Abroad
- Degree Level:
- High School
- Work Types:
- Arts, Children, Construction, Education, Environment
- 1-2 weeks
- Program Description:
Earn your community involvement hours this summer in Nicaragua with Blyth Academy International Summers!
Our program in Nicaragua includes opportunities to contribute to the community, explore cool seaside towns, and hike towering volcanoes. In our free time, we’ll have the options to go on a night hike, and take a surf lesson at a gorgeous beach. We begin our adventure in San Juan del Sur, where we will volunteer with Barrio Planta, an organization that gives low-income youth and adults new educational tools. We then travel to Ometepe Island. Here, we’ll volunteer with Educación de Medio Ambiente de Ometepe (EMAO) to recycle plastic bottles into bricks for construction in order to preserve the natural environment. We end in Granada. Our community work in the city will be with La Esperanza, where we’ll strive to foster a love of learning through tutoring impoverished students.
- Setting Description:
- Program Itinerary: San Juan Del Sur - 4 days Ometepe Island - 4 days Granada - 4 days
- $3,070 CAD. *Plus $195 registration fee. Includes group airfare arranged by Blyth Academy and an estimated $575 in airline and departure taxes, local taxes and fees. Also includes supervision. Please visit www.blythsummers.com/fees for an explanation of our departure taxes, fees, and surcharges, and when these fees will be invoiced
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- Blyth Academy strongly believes in the value of educational travel. We believe in making our programs fully accessible to all students, and therefore provide financial aid to students and families who have demonstrated financial need.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program