- Fortuna, Costa Rica
- Program Type:
- Volunteer Abroad
- Degree Level:
- High School
- Work Types:
- Animals, Children, Environment
- 1-2 weeks
- Program Description:
Complete your community involvement hours this summer in Costa Rica with Blyth Academy International Summers!
We have three community service opportunities to connect deeply with Costa Rica’s culture through volunteering at a wildlife rehabilitation and education centre, a farm, and a charity focused on all different aspects of the country’s life. We begin in La Fortuna. From here, we’ll visit stunning waterfalls and swim in hot springs at the base of the volcano. We volunteer at Proyecto Asis’s Wildlife Rescue Center, where we will interact with the animals directly. Next, we’ll travel to Monteverde and volunteer at a sustainable farm called Life Monteverde, where we will learn how we can protect this beautiful environment before getting our hands dirty helping complete projects around the farm. Finally, we’ll head to the Guanacaste coast, where we’ll work closely with a community group, helping with meal planning and preparing dinner for local children.
- Setting Description:
- Program Itinerary: La Fortuna - 6 days Arenal - 1 day Monteverde - 3 days Guanacaste Coast - 2 days
- $3,570 CAD. Plus $195 registration fee. Includes group airfare arranged by Blyth Academy and an estimated $575 in airline and departure taxes, local taxes and fees. Also includes supervision. Please visit www.blythsummers.com/fees for an explanation of our departure taxes, fees, and surcharges, and when these fees will be invoiced.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- Blyth Academy strongly believes in the value of educational travel. We believe in making our programs fully accessible to all students, and therefore provide financial aid to students and families who have demonstrated financial need.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program