BHMS Culinary Management Programs develop students' contemporary skills in food preparation and presentation, a la carte cuisine, pastry and desserts and kitchen management through hands-on training and classroom learning. Over the course of 2 years, stud
- Luzern, Switzerland
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, MayMester Intersession, Rolling Starts, Spring Break, Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Semester, Year Round
- Work Types:
- Arts & Architecture, Business, Hospitality, Medical, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
- Diploma in Culinary Management:
This 6-12 months Diploma in Culinary Management program introduces students to the world of food production through basic operation techniques and hands-on core competency training. It introduces students to the basic cooking methods, kitchen equipment, machinery and utensils, as well as recipe costing and kitchen procedures. Students will also learn how to use food ingredients, develop their skills in utilizing kitchen equipments and utensils, learn how to prepare basic stocks, soups, sauces and salads and become familiar with kitchen terminology, nutrition and kitchen accounting principles. After successfully completing 6-months of diploma studies, students qualify for 4-6 months of paid Swiss Internship in one of many renowned Swiss dining establishments.
Advanced Diploma in Culinary Management:
This 6-12 months Advanced Diploma in Culinary Management program builds onto the student's fundamental understanding of international culinary principles gained at Diploma level. Students will explore European and ethnic cuisines by preparing a wide range of recipes including typical appetizers, fish, vegetarian, main course dishes and pastry and desserts. Students will also learn communication and management skills, leadership and team work as well as guest relations. After successfully completing 6-months of advanced diploma studies, students qualify for 4-6 months paid Swiss Internship in one of many renowned Swiss dining establishments.
Direct Entry Culinary Management:
Direct entry status into the Advanced Diploma in Culinary Management program is granted to applicants who have successfully completed at least one academic year of culinary management education (with English as a study medium) at an accredited institution and possess a verified culinary work certificate from a first class hotel or a restaurant.
BHMS Culinary Management Programs develop students' contemporary skills in food preparation and presentation, a la carte cuisine, pastry and desserts and kitchen management through hands-on training and classroom learning. Over the course of 2 years, students acquire all the fundamental skills necessary to work in the world's fine dining establishments in one of the fastest growing industries.
4 - 6 month PAID internships per year
- Setting Description:
- BHMS Culinary Facilities: BHMS is again upgrading its culinary facilities in summer 2014 by adding a new, state of the art training kitchen to the existing production kitchen. In this stress-free environment, culinary students in each year of the program will have the chance to acquire and practice core culinary skills and competencies before applying them to a real food production kitchen environment.
- For detailed info about the program, the study fees and our entry requirements please visit our website.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program