- London, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
WHY BCA LONDON
- Live and study on the only traditional university campus in London which offers beautiful green spaces and idyllic scenery just a short ride from the hustle and bustle of Central London.
- Select the summer program that fits your academic needs and schedule with our three-week June, three-week July or six-week June and July programs. Make London your classroom in exciting courses offered by the university and through your own exploration.
- Go beyond the London tourist clichés by studying abroad in a more residential area of southwest London. Learn to live like a local and become an expert on the markets, galleries and culture of the real London.
CULTURAL ACTIVITIES & EXCURSIONS
Possible BCA excursions and cultural activities…
- Oxford: Admire the buildings of one of the world’s most famous university cities. Tour the city and campus that inspired Lewis Carroll’s Alice in Wonderland.
- Windsor Castle: Step into the life of British royalty when you visit Windsor Castle – Queen Elizabeth II’s preferred weekend residence. The castle is the largest and oldest occupied castle in the world.
- Tower of London: Hear gruesome tales of treachery and execution in this historic medieval fortress including the secrets of The Bloody Tower, Traitors Gate and the Scaffold Site.
During the University of Roehampton’s summer school, classes are small so that you can develop personalized relationships with your professors and classmates. Each course transforms the city into its classroom by incorporating trips into Central London in the curriculum. Classes are offered in the morning, so you can use the afternoon to explore the city. You will enroll in one course each month, so three-week students take one course, while six-week students can take two courses. On BCA’s website, you can find up-to-date course listings and descriptions for the upcoming summer.
You’ll begin your time abroad with orientation and welcome events as well as a photo scavenger hunt. This adventure gives you the chance to meet other study abroad students and become acquainted with the exciting city of London! Additionally, the Student Union runs activities through the summer including open mic nights and a summer BBQ. Living on campus with other international students will give you the opportunity to learn from them. You’ll also have access to London’s world-class museums, libraries, galleries and nightlife.
- Setting Description:
- When you aren’t busy studying you will be out exploring the many sights and sounds of London. A truly multicultural and diverse city, London offers many new experiences– stroll along the Southbank of the river Thames, eat a curry on the famous Brick Lane and see Shakespeare at the Globe Theatre! There is a whole range of incredible student discounts on offer making London much easier to access on a student budget. Studying abroad gives you the opportunity to travel and explore. Study in London but spend your weekends in Edinburgh, Liverpool, Oxford, The Cotswolds and Stonehenge. Of course London is a great jumping off point to major European cities such as Paris, Rome and Barcelona. Roehampton is well situated for access to all London airports and the Eurostar.
- BCA offers a wide variety of services and activities as part of our comprehensive fee, including: -Tuition -Accommodation -Orientation -Cultural Activities -Day Trips -International medical insurance and emergency evacuation services -On-site Resident Director -Academic transcript -Pre-departure orientation and services
Additional Program Information
- GPA: 2.8
- Scholarships Description:
- See BCA Study Abroad website for more information and to apply for BCA Study Abroad Scholarships.