- London, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
WHY BC LONDON
- Break through the London tourist clichés by studying abroad in the more residential area of southwest London. BCA organizes activities, including a walking tour with Unseen Tours, an organization that works with homeless, ex-homeless and vulnerably housed Londoners, to help you learn about different areas and perspectives of London.
- Challenge yourself to grow outside of the classroom and earn the University of Roehampton’s Provost’s Global Award through a commitment to progress in five areas: academia, community, employability, intercultural awareness and social skills.
- Connect to the Growhampton Project, a sustainability program organized by the Roehampton Students' Union and dedicated to embedding sustainability in the everyday lives of students and staff on campus and beyond. You can help to care for the chickens or work in one of several growing spaces on campus. All the produce grown is used in the Hive Cafe on the university’s campus.
CULTURAL ACTIVITIES & EXCURSIONS
London offers nearly endless cultural activities for students committed to finding them. Your BCA London Resident Director will help you to find these opportunities and make sure that after your first few days you feel comfortable seeking out new experiences on your own. In addition, your RD will take you outside of London so you can see other parts of England. BCA excursions vary by semester, but in the past included daytrips throughout London as well as excursions to Windsor Castle and Eton and weekend trips to Oxford and Stonehenge.
There are approximately 10,000 students at the University of Roehampton, and international students from over 140 countries make up 10 percent of the student body creating a diverse and exciting learning environment. The university is especially strong in media and creative studies, education, business and psychology, but also offers courses in a variety of other subjects, making it an ideal location for you to fulfil major or general education requirements. In addition, you can take special London Studies courses which are specifically designed for study abroad students and include field trips in the city.
Your introduction to campus will include welcome events, campus tours and opportunities to sign up for the many student societies and clubs available on campus. Since you will live on campus, you will also get to know other students through your housing, hanging out at the different cafes and pubs on campus, and participating in the many university sponsored events each semester. There are four distinct colleges (living and learning communities) for students at the university, and you can show your college pride and help your college earn distinction through volunteer, sport, environment and community projects.
- Setting Description:
- When you aren’t busy studying you will be out exploring the many sights and sounds of London. A truly multicultural and diverse city, London offers many new experiences– stroll along the Southbank of the river Thames, eat a curry on the famous Brick Lane and see Shakespeare at the Globe Theatre! There is a whole range of incredible student discounts on offer making London much easier to access on a student budget. Studying abroad gives you the opportunity to travel and explore. Study in London but spend your weekends in Edinburgh, Liverpool, Oxford, The Cotswolds and Stonehenge. Of course London is a great jumping off point to major European cities such as Paris, Rome and Barcelona. Roehampton is well situated for access to all London airports and the Eurostar.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- BCA Study Abroad has committed to increasing the number of study abroad students from diverse ethnic, faith, sexual orientation & gender identity and socio-economic backgrounds. Visit the BCA website for more information.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program