- Cheltenham, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Why BCA Cheltenham?
- Pursue a true immersion experience by studying abroad in an English city not frequently visited by tourists or study abroad students! Cheltenham is known for Regency architecture, beautiful parks, fine shopping, live entertainment, a world-famous horse racing course, international festivals and proximity to the beautiful Cotswolds region.
- Befriend British students as you live and study together and experience English daily life through the lens of your peers. Join one of more than 80 different sports clubs and student societies at the university from football and snowboarding to music, acting and film.
- Become a part of the local community by participating in one of the many festivals that Cheltenham hosts each year or joining RAG (Raise and Giving) the official fundraising body of the University of Gloucestershire’s Students' Union that supports and connects you to local charities and initiatives.
Cultural Activities & Excursions
Experience Cheltenham with the help of your Resident Director, who was born and raised there. Journey with your RD to different local treasures, historic sites and famous landmarks, while reflecting on your experience and deepening your understanding and appreciation of your new home. The BCA signature excursion may vary by semester but in the past included a multi-day visit to London. More than just visiting famous cultural sites students explore the often-hidden side of London through an experience with Unseen Tours, a social enterprise organization that works with homeless, ex-homeless and vulnerably housed Londoners to lead tours around specific neighborhoods.
Cheltenham is a cultural hub! The city hosts more than 40 festivals throughout the year, such as the fall literature and spring jazz festivals, attracting top international writers, musicians and professionals. Some BCA students have even presented original work as part of festival events! The city is also known for and very proud of its gardens, green spaces and sustainability efforts. You can connect to that passion for gardening and meet new people by helping to maintain the Edible Garden on campus alongside tutors, staff and fellow students.
At the University of Gloucestershire, you will study alongside British students and be among a diverse student body composed of international students from more than 40 countries. BCA students are often the only American students in their classes making it easy to connect to local students and faculty and create an opportunity for cultural exchange and dialogue. The university’s wide array of courses in many disciplines makes it an excellent location for you to fulfill major or general education requirements. Film studies, sport & exercise science and education are some of the top disciplines at the university.
- Setting Description:
- Cheltenham is a small city of about 80,000 situated in the picturesque Cotswolds, an area of outstanding natural beauty, which annually attracts six million tourists from all over the world. Cheltenham is centrally located, and not far from much larger cities such as London (two hours), Birmingham (40 minutes), Bristol (40 minutes) and Oxford (40 minutes) with direct rail links to all.
- Updated each academic year on the BCA Study Abroad website
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- BCA Study Abroad has committed to increasing the number of study abroad students from diverse ethnic, faith, sexual orientation & gender identity and socio-economic backgrounds. Visit the BCA Study Abroad website for more information.