Bard-CEU Study Abroad offers motived undergraduate students from North America opportunity to take graduate-level courses at Central European University, and participate in the Bard-CEU summer internship program in Budapest. CEU offers a full range of cou
- Budapest, Hungary
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer
- Program Description:
- Central European University is interdisciplinary and internationally-focused. All of the students at CEU are working toward a better, more just, and sustainable global society. The courses at CEU will lead you to strengthen your understanding of complex global issues and historical events through debate with a diverse set of classmates. Building upon your undergraduate coursework, enrollment in master's level classes at CEU will facilitate your personal development as a student in the graduate environment.
Bard-CEU Study Abroad offers motived undergraduate students from North America opportunity to take graduate-level courses at Central European University, and participate in the Bard-CEU summer internship program in Budapest. CEU offers a full range of courses in the social sciences and is a unique and truly international university.
Bard-CEU Study Abroad Program provides academically motivated undergraduates direct enrollment in courses with graduate students from around the world. * Participants return from the program with honed academic goals and the ability to thrive in the graduate school environment. * The current students enrolled at CEU represent over 140 nationalities. The lack of dominant national culture is one of the main characteristics of CEU's faculty and student body. * CEU draws its faculty from top research institutions and liberal arts academies throughout the world. * English is the language of instruction and communication at CEU. * Foreign language study courses offered in Hungarian, German, Russian, Spanish, and regional and classical languages. * Bard-CEU offers generous need-based scholarships to make study abroad at CEU a reality for participants. * Students receive pre-departure preparation and a full orientation upon arrival at CEU. * The cultural program includes a walking tour of Budapest, group dinners, a weekend trip to a neighboring country, visits to nearby Hungarian towns and villages, and evenings at the theatre and opera. * Bard-CEU Study Abroad students live in shared, fully furnished apartments near the city center and within walking distance from CEU.
- Setting Description:
- CEU's educational site is located in one of the most beautiful parts of central Budapest. Seven elegant buildings, ranging from Baroque and Art Nouveau to the late twentieth century style offer a first-class learning environment. Of particular note is the Monument Building, a former palace designed by one of Central Europe’s most famous architects, Mihaly Pollack in the 1830s. The modern 10-story Faculty Tower is home to many of CEU’s faculty offices and classrooms, the library, and the university auditorium. All Bard-CEU Study Abroad Program participants live in shared rental apartments while studying or in Budapest. The apartments are located in the city center, which constitutes the 5th, 6th, and 7th districts of Budapest, and within walking distance of CEU and all amenities.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- Scholarships are available to non-Bard students for both semester or summer programs. Bard Abroad/IILE Scholarship IILE scholarships are available to any student demonstrating financial need. Please see website for more information.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program