- Tuscania, Italy; Rome, Italy; Florence, Italy; Venice, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Savor three different flavors of Italian culture by studying in Tuscania, Rome and either Florence or Venice, Italy (depending upon semester). In one semester, you will study first-hand the history of three great eras: the Etruscans, the Romans and the Renaissance Age. The student will see first-hand the regional differences within Italy that makes this program distinctly unique.
Athena students are invited to enroll in the Tour of Italy program, which enables them to study for one month at each of LdM's sites in Tuscania, Rome and Florence or Venice across the Fall or Spring semester. The program is conceived as an historical journey through amazing resources for studying the history of Western culture from the age of the Etruscans to the Renaissance, retracing the steps of our European forebears and exploring the monuments they have left behind.
-Utilities up to $75/month
-Health insurance from HTH Worldwide, a global leader in international health insurance
-Services of an on-site student advisor
-Student services including cultural and social events (some for additional fees)
-Airport pickup (Rome)
-Arrangement of safe travel between cities
-24 hour emergency line (health issues)
-Welcome and Farewell reception
-Free mobile phone rental available
-Pre-departure guide and advising
-Coordination of program alumni contact
-Online account management
-Official transcript from Scuola Lorenzo de' Medici (LdM)
-Arrangement of U.S. accredited transcript, if necessary (additional transcript fees apply)
-Contribution to a world charity through Students Offering Support (S.O.S.), the charitable arm of Athena
-Unparalleled personalized service
- Setting Description:
- Tuscania is a charming, medieval town nestled in the Italian hillside outside of Rome. A rich collection of Italian, Etruscan and church history, Tuscania in many ways seems untouched by time. Because of the city's smaller size, students are able to gain an authentic Italian cultural experience in this preserved city. Rome is one of the most historic locations on the planet, and is a cultural treasure chest of Christian, Medieval, Baroque and Renaissance influences. Rome is itself a piece of art that captures the journey from antiquity to modernity. Living in Florence, Italy is like living in one of the most artistically and culturally rich cities in the world. From the regal Renaissance and Medieval architecture of the buildings that line the city streets, to the priceless works of art that line the walls of the Uffizi gallery, beauty and culture surround you at every turn in this richly diverse city. Venice is the seemingly mythical "City of Water" in northeastern Italy.
- $15,190 USD.
Additional Program Information
- Age: 18+ GPA: 2.8
- Scholarships Description:
- For more information on our scholarships, check out our website.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program