- Rome, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer
- Program Description:
- Athena Study Abroad's Rome, Italy program is for the student looking for a small school in a big city. The classic and historic city of Rome is one of the most ancient cities in all of Europe and allows easy access to other European destinations. The capital of Italy is a cultural treasure chest of Christian, Medieval, Baroque, and Renaissance influences. Included within the price of the program are field trips to a variety of historic and cultural destinations, such as museum visits, traditional folk dancing, wine tasting, and fresco making.
Athena's Rome students can choose courses in traditional subjects such as history, classical civilizations, art, restoration, and literature, or more contemporary subjects such as international business, political science, environmental sciences, or gender studies. Students have the opportunity to collaborate with a wide variety of professionals and various national and international institutions located throughout Rome.Internship options available for additional credit in such fields as Art History/Museum Studies, Business, Marketing, Communication, Fashion Design, Graphic Design, Italian Language, and Service Learning.
Tuition Housing in shared student apartment Utilities up to $75/month Cultural activities (see "Field Trips" section for possible adventures!) Student services including cultural and social events (some for additional fees) Services of an on-site student advisor On-site orientation Internet access Pre-departure guide and advising Coordination of program alumni contact 24 hour emergency line (health issues) Cell phone rental Online account management Health insurance from HTH Worldwide, a global leader in international health insurance Official transcript from Scuola Lorenzo de' Medici (LdM) Arrangement of U.S. accredited transcript, if necessary (additional transcript fees apply) Advice on acquiring an Italian student visa Assistance in preparing documents for Permit of Stay Contribution to a world charity through Students Offering Support (S.O.S.), Athena's charitable arm Unparalleled personalized service
- Setting Description:
- If being in awe of history, power and art is what you desire, then Rome is the city for you. Rome is saturated with history around every turn, with ancient sites such as the Colosseum, the Pantheon, and the Vatican adorning the city's landscape.
- Semester: $14,700 Summer: $5,590 Summer Internship: $8,990
Based on 1 Reviews
- My Journey Abroad01/25/15
This program was fantastic! They were with me every step of the way and they were very organized which made me feel comfortable and well taken care of. We had a great apartment and school and the city in general was very safe and walk-able. I gained
such a perspective of other cultures as well as my own. I realized how fortunate I am to have had this opportunity and I hope that many others can share in the Florence study abroad experience or their own journey similar to this. If you have the chance take it and learn something new such as a perspective, skill or something about yourself, you won't regret it! Explore, experience wanderlust and give yourself the opportunity to say "I have lived."read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend