- Quito, Ecuador
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Semester
- Program Description:
Quito, Ecuador is located in the upper region of South America, close to Columbia. It is a remarkable city that infuses South American, European, and indigenous elements. The World Heritage List – a primary authority on recognizing locations of significance – declared Quito as its first city on the list. It is a study abroad location for those who wish to master the Spanish language and gain global work experience during an internship.
Students will be studying at Academia Latinoamericana, a world class institution known for immersive Spanish language courses and Andean culture. It is accredited by the ministry of education in Ecuador and an accredited member of the Latin American Council of Spanish Academies. They will be able to intensively study not only the Spanish language, but subjects such as literature, business, and culture. They can also have the opportunity to excel in an internship opportunity while abroad.
We encourage our students to volunteer in the local communities while studying here! Options include orphanages, animal shelters, schools, and more!
The following is included in Quito, Ecuador's prices:
-Airport Transportation from/to Quito Airport (UIO - Mariscal Sucre International Airport)
-Health insurance from HTH Worldwide, a global leader in international health insurance
-Services of an on-site student advisor
-Field trips and excursions
-Student services at school
-Pre-departure guide and advising
-Transcript from Academia Latinoamericana de Español
-24-hour emergency line to advisors (health issues)
-Online account management
-Campus internet access
-On-campus library facilities
-Unparalleled personalized service
-Contribution to a world charity through Students Offering Support (S.O.S.), the charitable arm of Athena
- Setting Description:
- Broad Ecuadorean smiles, racy salsa music and big bowls of hearty stews and soups warmly counter Quito's thin air, snowy mountainous backdrop and rumbling Pichincha volcano. In historic Old Town, superbly preserved baroque churches and monasteries exemplify the fusion of Spanish, Italian, Moorish, Flemish and indigenous influences. If seeking a little adventure, Cloud Forest and Galapagos Island are only a short distance away to explore. And, at the end of the adventure, cacao can be appreciated in its birthplace when made into chocolate.
- January and Summer: $2,900 Semesters: $8,990
Additional Program Information
- Age: 18+ Moderate-fluent Spanish Speaking skills GPA: 2.8
- Scholarships Description:
- For a full listing of our scholarships, check out our website.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program