- Bangkok, Thailand; Ko Samui, Thailand
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Winter Semester
- Program Description:
Studying in Koh Samui, Thailand is an opportunity to be inspired and amazed by cultural and artistic adventures and experience hidden pockets of an ancient society. Students will get to experience Thailand's big city of Bangkok, as well as the smaller island feel of Koh Samui. Experience a guided orientation tour through the traditional downtown market area of Bangkok, and visit the floating vegetable market and flower stalls along the Chao Phraya River, Big Buddha Shrine & more.
Athena's partner institution, Hellenic International Studies in the Arts (HISA), with its main campus in Greece, has expanded to the Far East. The institution brings together an interaction between students who desire more than a traditional lecture format, and talented teachers and artists who wish to share their experience and knowledge. Some of the instruction takes place during the cultural excursions rather than in a traditional classroom setting. Two courses are offered in this 6 credit January term: Creative Writing and Digital Photography.
This program includes:
-Museum and site fees
-3 festive dinners Group activities
-Arrangement of airport pickup service
-24-hour emergency line to advisors (health issues)
-Transportation between sites
-Online account management
-Coordination of Athena alumni contact
-Health insurance from HTH Worldwide, a global leader in international health insurance
-Official transcript from Hellenic International Studies in the Arts (HISA)
-Contribution to a world charity through Students Offering Support (S.O.S.), the charitable arm of Athena
-Unparalleled personalized service
- Setting Description:
- Athena students will visit the Big Buddha Shrine, the Wat of the Mummified Monk, the 18-arm image of Guanyin - the Goddess of Mercy, and the Ten Stars Samui Art Party, a recurring cultural event bringing together art lovers, local Thai and international artists and their new, original artworks.Housing on Koh Samui are seaside bungalows, only steps away from the water.
- January Term: $3,750- $4,350 USD.
Additional Program Information
- Age: 18+ GPA: 2.8
- Scholarships Description:
- A full listing of our scholarships can be found on our website.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program