- Paros, Greece
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer
- Program Description:
Athena Study Abroad's Greece program will take the student on a tour of history, from the ancient architecture of the Acropolis, to the street cafes and beaches of modern Greece. Athena's program takes place on one of the largest Cycladic Greek islands, Paros. Weekend trips are included to the other Cycladic islands of Naxos, Santorini, Mykonos, Delos, and Antiparos.
Athena Study Abroad was developed in an effort to bring study abroad back to what it was intended to be - true, cultural immersion programs designed by knowledgeable, caring professionals. Athena programs are different in that students are enrolled at small schools overseas in an effort to maintain the personalized service throughout the semester that Athena prides itself on providing.
HISA's academics rely on the arts, history, and philosophy. Summer workshops available in Art & Cycladic Culture, Poetry/Creative Writing, and Photography. The semester programs also include Painting, Literature, Mixed Media, Philosophy, and of course, Greek language.
- Setting Description:
- The picturesque island of Paros is considered to be one of Greece's most beautiful island treasures. All students stay in single occupancy accommodation at the HISA Beach Apartments on the edge of town, a few meters off the beach. Courses are offered at Hellenic International Studies in the Arts.
- Semester: 11,950 USD Summer: $2,650 USD - $7,500 USD depending on the length from 2 weeks to full summer
Additional Program Information
- Age: 18+ GPA: 2.8
- Scholarships Description:
- A full listing of our scholarships can be found on our website.
Based on 1 Reviews
Through Athena Abroad, and Hellenic International Studies in the Arts (HISA), I gained invaluable experience in another culture. I learned about art, art appreciation, Greek culture (I also picked up some useful Greek phrases), Greek history and mythology,
and the Cycladic islands. Traveling around the Greek islands, getting to know locals, and becoming close with HISA instructors gave me confidence and knowledge that will trail over to many other aspects of my life .If your mind if open, learning never ceases on Paros. I will never forget my experience on the island, and I will return as often as I can!read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend