You will work in a region populated by many species of international significance while enjoying the beautiful island life of Samos. Archipelagos is in need of someone looking to broaden their graphic design and illustration skills by: Creating illustrat
- Samos, Greece
- Program Type:
- Volunteer Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Work Types:
- Arts, Environment, Health
- 1-3 months, 4-6 months, 1 year
- Program Description:
- You can be part of an untamed experience by joining our research and conservation efforts of the marine and terrestrial habitats within the beautiful Greek island of Samos and other nearby islands! We are looking for people who are willing to use their illustration and graphic design skills to help promote our work in researching and defending the biodiversity of the eastern Aegean. If you are enthusiastic and passionate about wildlife, YOU could be a great member of our team!
You will work in a region populated by many species of international significance while enjoying the beautiful island life of Samos. Archipelagos is in need of someone looking to broaden their graphic design and illustration skills by: Creating illustrations of the species we protect Creating illustrations to promote our work to the public Designing posters, leaflets, and booklets to raise awareness about local biodiversity Making animations about marine and terrestrial biodiversity of the Aegean
You will gain professional graphic design and illustration experience within a well-known non-profit NGO, all while living and working in the highly biodiverse region of the eastern Aegean islands. The experience you gain through working with us will be applicable to all types of graphic design and illustration firms in your professional future.
- Setting Description:
- Archipelagos operates far from city centers and commercial interests, offering a pure, direct approach to environmental conservation. We work in different areas of the Aegean Sea throughout the year, next to the ecosystems in need of protection and management. Our main research base, located in Pythagorio on the island of Samos, is a multifunctional facility with offices, a small library, presentation area, small laboratory, dormitory-style rooms and a kitchen, with wireless Internet throughout.
- Because we are a non-profit, non-governmental organization working within a limited budget, there is a placement fee of 650 euros per month. This placement fee covers full room and board, as well as Greek language lessons. Participants will also have an opportunity, at a discounted rate, to obtain a skipper license, PADI Scuba Diving Certification, and canoeing and kayaking certifications.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program