You will work in a region populated by many species of international significance while enjoying the Greek island life. Archipelagos is in need of someone looking to expand their film and photography skills by: Filming and photographing our research acti
- Samos, Greece
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, MayMester Intersession, Rolling Starts, Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Semester, Year Round
- Work Types:
- Arts & Architecture, Business, Journalism, Sciences & Environment
- Program Description:
- You can be part of an untamed experience by joining our research and conservation efforts of the marine and terrestrial habitats within the beautiful Greek island of Samos and other nearby islands! We are looking for people who are willing to use film and photography to help promote our work in researching and defending the biodiversity of the eastern Aegean. If you are enthusiastic and passionate about wildlife, film and photography, then YOU could be a great member of our team!
You will work in a region populated by many species of international significance while enjoying the Greek island life. Archipelagos is in need of someone looking to expand their film and photography skills by: Filming and photographing our research activities and the wildlife, nature, and landscapes of the region. Filming, photographing, and editing materials for different media. Producing promotional, awareness, and educational film materials about local biodiversity.
You will gain professional film and photography experience within a well-known non-profit NGO, all while living and working in the highly biodiverse region of the eastern Aegean. The experience you gain through working with us will be applicable to all types of film, production, and photography endeavors you pursue in your professional future.
- Setting Description:
- Archipelagos operates far from city centers and commercial interests, offering a pure, direct approach to environmental conservation. We work in different areas of the Aegean Sea throughout the year, next to the ecosystems in need of protection and management. Our main research base, located in Pythagorio on the island of Samos, is a multifunctional facility with offices, a small library, presentation area, small laboratory, dormitory-style rooms and a kitchen, with wireless Internet throughout.
- Because we are a non-profit, non-governmental organization working within a limited budget, there is a placement fee of 650 euros per month. This placement fee covers full room and board, as well as Greek language lessons. Participants will also have an opportunity, at a discounted rate, to obtain a skipper license, PADI Scuba Diving Certification, and canoeing and kayaking certifications.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program