You will work in a region populated by many species of international significance while enjoying the Greek island life. Archipelagos is in need of someone looking to expand their film and photography skills by: Preparing lessons plans, presentations, edu
- Samos, Greece
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, MayMester Intersession, Rolling Starts, Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Semester, Year Round
- Work Types:
- Animal Sciences, Education, Sciences & Environment
- Program Description:
- You can be part of an untamed experience by joining our research and conservation efforts of the marine and terrestrial habitats within the beautiful Greek island of Samos and other nearby islands! We are looking for people who are willing to educate local school children on the importance of preserving the biodiversity within the eastern Aegean. If you are enthusiastic and passionate about wildlife and educating children, then YOU could be a great member of our team!
You will work in a region populated by many species of international significance while enjoying the Greek island life. Archipelagos is in need of someone looking to expand their film and photography skills by: Preparing lessons plans, presentations, educational games and other teaching aids for children of different ages. Coopering with our different teams to create and develop teaching packs. Visiting local schools to present teaching materials and implement lesson plans.
You will gain professional experience as an educator within a well-known non-profit NGO, all while living and working in the highly biodiverse region of the eastern Aegean islands. The experience you gain through working with us will be applicable to all types educational endeavors you pursue in your professional future.
- Setting Description:
- Archipelagos operates far from city centers and commercial interests, offering a pure, direct approach to environmental conservation. We work in different areas of the Aegean Sea throughout the year, next to the ecosystems in need of protection and management. Our main research base, located in Pythagorio on the island of Samos, is a multifunctional facility with offices, a small library, presentation area, small laboratory, dormitory-style rooms and a kitchen, with wireless Internet throughout.
- Because we are a non-profit, non-governmental organization working within a limited budget, there is a placement fee of 650 euros per month. This placement fee covers full room and board, as well as Greek language lessons. Participants will also have an opportunity, at a discounted rate, to obtain a skipper license, PADI Scuba Diving Certification, and canoeing and kayaking certifications.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program