1) Urban Interventions – 3 credits. In this core class, students will propose architectural urban interventions into several of the most culturally and historically significant spaces in Prague’s Historic Center. 2) Visual Analysis – 3 credits. This cou
- Prague, Czech Republic
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
- The ARCHIP Summer Program is a six-week intensive study and life experience, based in Prague – a vibrant, culturally and architecturally rich capital city in the heart of Central Europe.
1) Urban Interventions – 3 credits. In this core class, students will propose architectural urban interventions into several of the most culturally and historically significant spaces in Prague’s Historic Center. 2) Visual Analysis – 3 credits. This course will focus on walking excursions around Prague and other selected sites outside of the city. Students will study specific urban spaces, conditions and built structures.
For over 1000 years, Prague has found itself at the crossroads of cultural and political change, and since the fall of Communism in 1989, has opened its arms to the West. “Golden Prague” has been described as “the most beautiful city in Europe” and almost every architectural expression is well represented here – Gothic, Romanesque, Neo-Classical, Art Nouvelle, Art Deco, Functionalist and Modern. Prague’s historic core, fundamentally unchanged since the 14th century, has been a UNESCO World Cultural Heritage site since 1992.
- Setting Description:
- Trips outside of Prague to other historically and architecturally outstanding towns and sites are an integral part of the program and serve to introduce students to the rich cultural and architectural landscape of the Czech Republic, relatively little-known in the West.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- ARCHIP has scholarship opportunities that are based on merit, and Bachelor students may be eligible for scholarship after the 1st year of study at ARCHIP.