The student spends most of time studying Architectural Design. Studios are opened to students of all years, which creates an opportunity for students of different levels of experience working together. Courses Arts and Crafts and Construction fill another
- Prague, Czech Republic
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Work Types:
- Arts & Architecture, Engineering
- Program Description:
- Architectural Institute in Prague (ARCHIP) is a new private college of architecture with instruction in English. The school is truly international – with an emphasis on students and faculty coming from abroad. The small size of the school allows a close contact between the faculty and the students. ARCHIP benefits from being situated in Prague, one of the most magnificent UNESCO city. The unique premises the school is in Veletržní Palace, an accomplished example of Modernist architecture.
The student spends most of time studying Architectural Design. Studios are opened to students of all years, which creates an opportunity for students of different levels of experience working together. Courses Arts and Crafts and Construction fill another part of the term study and are complementary to the studios. The last part of instruction combines courses in History and Theory of Art and Architecture, Town Planning and Landscape Design, and additional fields as Philosophy, Sociology, etc.
The aim of the study is to cultivate a comprehensively educated graduate – prepared to continue with a Masters course or to take up practice. The instruction is focused on the acquisition and development of the competence to label and analyse general issues; to approach a specific brief in a creative manner; to design projects – using a broad spectrum of knowledge from humanities and technical sciences – which would meet all the necessary criteria; and present the designs professionally.
- Setting Description:
- The courses are divided into study years as per a fixed framework and in accordance with the bachelor study programme. The compulsory subjects form the core part of the study according to the EU directives that require education in the field of architecture to be comprehensive and universal. Lectures are allocated to courses in a given scope – the same for all students of the same year of study, while studios and seminars are designed for smaller groups of students and focus on a dialogue and debate.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- ARCHIP has scholarship opportunities that are based on merit, and Bachelor students may be eligible for scholarship after the 1st year of study at ARCHIP.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program