- York, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
A prestigious university in a well-preserved medieval city
Founded in 1963, the University of York is a member of the prestigious Russell Group, and is dedicated to academic excellence, with strengths in research and teaching and learning. The university is ranked in the top 40 worldwide for Arts and Humanities and in the top 100 for Social Science.
Today’s University of York is home to 18,000 students, from 150 countries. The structure of the university focuses on small group work and priorities around outstanding research toward solving global problems. York is truly an international research university, with research collaborations around the globe.
Academics are highly focused, with some courses comprising an entire courseload, while other departments allow you to take up to four courses. This is a great program for students with a strong academic focus in a particular area, as the course structure allows for intensive study.
The campus is several miles from the city center and features modern architecture and a friendly, welcoming student vibe. York is an incredibly well preserved medieval city, and its Roman walls, narrow lanes, and breathtaking Gothic stained-glass windows will captivate you with their historical resonance and sense of cultural continuity.
The city of York is located halfway between London and Edinburgh and has a year-round calendar of exciting events, among them a Viking Festival and a Science Week. You’re nearby the lovely countryside of Yorkshire and a train ride away from many quaint and authentic English villages and cities.
The Students’ Union sponsors student clubs and societies and events, and you’ll never run out of things to do. Campus life is centered around the College system, so you’ll live, and socialize in purpose-built Colleges, which provide an interdisciplinary context for your studies, as well as a community of fellow learners.
Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling:
- Harry Potter Studio Tour
- Tower of London
- London Street Art Tour
- Hampton Court Day Excursion
- Keats house
- and more...
Arcadia is a nationally recognized leader in higher education, offering exceptional study, research and internship experiences for students from colleges and universities across the US. Our unique combination of customized, diverse academic programming and comprehensive support allows students to explore new worlds, get to know themselves, boost their resumes for future job opportunities and graduate school, and experience the incredible growth and shifts in perspective that a culturally immersive experience can deliver.
- Setting Description:
- Situated in one of Britain’s finest medieval cities, you’ll enjoy York’s buzzing modernity amid its well-preserved past. Stroll walls built over the same boundaries left by the Romans, explore the narrow lanes of the Shambles and take in the great stained glass windows of the massive stone cathedral, York Minster. You’ll be surrounded by the impressive countryside like the Yorkshire Dales, the Wolds and the North York Moors-all this, in a small but cosmopolitan city between London and Edinburgh! Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please visit our website. · Stonehenge & Bath · Adventure Weekend in Wales · Windsor Castle · Royal Ascot · and more...
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia
Additional Program Information
- 3.0 - Recommended 3.0 - For Consideration
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program