- Havana, Cuba
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
This unique program brings you an exceptional educational and life experience in one of the most unique places in the world. Unlike most Americans, you will live, study and take part in Cuban society, enjoying the country’s special eclectic mix of Latin, European and American cultures. This exciting program is taught in cooperation with our academic partner, the University of Havana. You’ll choose two courses, which focus on Cuban and U.S. relations and Spanish language. All courses are taught in English, except the Spanish language classes.
As the largest in Cuba and one of the most renowned universities in the Caribbean and Central America, the University of Havana offers a unique and exciting learning experience. Direct-enrollment courses in a variety of departments at University of Havana, one of the premier universities in the Caribbean and Central America. Particular areas of academic strength are: politics, Afro-Caribbean studies, music, literature, philosophy, sociology, history, biology and international relations. You’ll choose two courses, which focus on Cuban and U.S. relations and Spanish language. All courses are taught in English, except the Spanish language classes.
Arcadia University opens the doors to new experiences, different academic learning, people, cultures and perspectives so you can build your own lifelong learning and memories:
- Explore a new world – excursions, activities, events, …
- Get to know yourself - then change! Gain a new view of the world and your place in it.
- Rely on us for support: 9 centers covering 12 countries worldwide
- Boost your résumé – employers AND graduate schools.
- Setting Description:
- Havana lies just south of the Florida Keys where the Gulf of Mexico meets the Caribbean Sea. As the bustling capital and major port of Cuba, this thriving city of 2.1 million showcases Latin, European, and American cultures. This variety of ideologies provides a glimpse into Cuba’s unique way of life under a socialized economic system as well as reflects its colorful and strategically important place in history. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please visit our website. · Havana City Exploration · Colonial Towns of Santa Clara, Sancti Spiritus, and Cienfuegos · Bay of Pigs · Santiago de Cuba · and more…
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia
Additional Program Information
- 2.5 - Recommended 2.5 - For Consideration
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program