- Cape Town, South Africa
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
This campus has a friendly, international feel with a diverse student population and an abundance of social clubs and socities.
UCT is a truly comprehensive institution with outstanding scholarship and faculty in every school within the university, but its history is linked to science, engineering, and commerce and those faculties still excel. In addition to your coursework at the university, all students are required to participate in the cornerstone course, "Introducing South Africa: History, Politics, and Culture", which is intended to provide a forum for reflection and analysis on current issues and challenges facing South Africans.
The University of Cape Town (UCT) is South Africa's oldest university, and is one of Africa's leading teaching and research institutions. UCT was founded in 1829 as the South African College. UCT offers an exceptional opportunity for business, science and engineering majors to spend a semester or year of study taking courses in English and remaining on schedule toward graduation.
All students on this program take part in Arcadia’s Course, Introducing South Africa: History, Politics and Culture, which provides a forum for reflection and analysis on current issues and challenges facing South Africans - an insightful starting point for all students.
- Take all your courses at UCT enjoying a wide choice of subjects with outstanding faculty. The broad selection runs from humanities to science, engineering and commerce.
Arcadia University opens the doors to new experiences, different academic learning, people, cultures and perspectives so you can build your own lifelong learning and memories:
- Explore a new world – excursions, activities, events, …
- Get to know yourself - then change! Gain a new view of the world and your place in it.
- Rely on us for support: 9 centers covering 11 countries worldwide
- Boost your résumé – employers AND graduate schools.
- Setting Description:
- Perched on the side of Table Mountain, UCT has stunning vistas from every angle and a popular choice for study abroad. Of its population of more than 20,000 about 4,000, students are international. UCT is the closest institution to the city of Cape Town and is accessible by public transport as well as the campus transit service. As a participant on an Arcadia University program, you are guaranteed housing. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please visit our website. · Table Mountain · Robben Island · Boulders Beach · Overnight stay in Gugulethu · and more...
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia
Additional Program Information
- 3.0 - Recommended 2.8 - For Consideration
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program