- Perugia, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Often called ‘the big university town in a small Italian city,’ Perugia is the home of the Umbra Institute, an academic partner of Arcadia which offers popular summer courses for those interested in learning Italian and understanding Italy’s history and culture. The institute also offers field study to famous Italian cities and sites, community engagement opportunities, and extracurricular activities to take you out of the classroom and into the real Italy.
Take one or two courses in Italian language, culture and history. This five-week program offers a wide variety of courses – everything from art history and performing arts, to literature and political science. All summer courses are taught in English. You don’t need to speak Italian to enroll, but you are sure to improve your proficiency as you explore the city, interact with its residents and learn first-hand about the real Italy.
Arcadia University opens the doors to new experiences, different academic learning, people, cultures and perspectives so you can build your own lifelong learning and memories:
- Explore a new world – excursions, activities, events, …
- Get to know yourself - then change! Gain a new view of the world and your place in it.
- Rely on us for support: 9 centers covering 11 countries worldwide
- Boost your résumé – employers AND graduate schools.
- Setting Description:
- The Umbra Institute is located right in the heart of Perugia, in a splendid structure that was formerly a palace for Italian nobility, Palazzo Oddi. The palace maintains its distinct Renaissance character, while offering extensive modern facilities including a library, computer lab, classrooms, and student lounge. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please visit our website. · Amalfi Coast · Film Festivals · Trip to Roman Baths and Wine Vineyards · Explore Agriturismo, Outdoor Markets, Food and Flavors · and more...
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia
Additional Program Information
- 2.75 - Recommended 2.5 - For Consideration
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program