- Perugia, Italy
- Program Type:
- Intensive Language
- Degree Level:
- 1-3 months, 4-6 months, 1 year
- Program Description:
Four study options at the Umbra Institute in Perugia are designed to accommodate a wide variety of student needs and expectations. Your studies will come to life through various field-study excursions to the main cities and cultural centers in the Umbria region, to neighboring regions such as Tuscany, and throughout Italy. Internships are available for General Studies students, and a summer program is available with both General Studies and an Intensive Italian through Culture in Perugia options.
Whether you are looking to immerse yourself in the Italian language, learn Italian while pursuing courses in art, political science, history and culture taught in English, or carry out independent research under the guidance and supervision of expert faculty, there are program options to fit your curricular interests and the requirements of a broad range of home schools.
Arcadia University opens the doors to new experiences, different academic learning, people, cultures and perspectives so you can build your own lifelong learning and memories: Enjoy academic success – earn credit abroad · Explore a new world – excursions, activities, events… · Get to know yourself - then change! Gain a new view of the world and your place in it. · Rely on us for support: 9 centers in 12 countries worldwide · Boost your resume – employers AND graduate schools.
- Setting Description:
- The Umbra Institute is located in the heart of Perugia in the 15th century Palazzo degli Oddi, a palace that is still owned to this day by descendants of Italian nobility. This spectacular palazzo is adorned with magnificent neoclassical paintings and frescoed ceilings. In addition to the Palazzo's Renaissance splendor, it is replete with modern resources and amenities including a library, computer labs with unlimited internet access, classrooms, and student lounge. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please visit our website. · Amalfi Coast · Film Festivals · Trip to Roman Baths and Wine Vineyards · Explore Agriturismo, Outdoor Markets, Food and Flavors · and more...
- See website for details. Scholarships available.
Additional Program Information
- 2.75 - Recommended 2.5 - For Consideration
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out different funding sources for study abroad - from Arcadia and other foundations...
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program