- London, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
A renowned, multicultural 'school for diplomats'
Founded in 1916, and moving to its present site in 1941, SOAS is a constituent college of the University of London. It’s considered a ‘school for diplomats,’ with a largely international and highly diverse, inclusive student body, and it remains the leading Higher Education institution in Europe for the study of Asia, Africa and the Near and Middle East.
Students at SOAS go on to international careers that directly address the problems of our world, focusing on economic, political, cultural, security and religious challenges, with direct impact on issues of democracy, development, economy, finance, public and corporate policy, human rights, migration, identity, legal systems, poverty, religion, and social change.
Expert faculty engaged in fieldwork across the globe and a vast repository of knowledge and materials, including a 1.5 million volume library, make this unique institution an invaluable resource, dedicated to offering an unparalleled range of non-European languages from beginner to advanced levels, and to excellence in academic areas such as development and international politics, music, anthropology, economics, art history and the comparative religions.
Situated in Bloomsbury, London, SOAS serves and supports London’s multicultural and multilingual communities. The School’s Brunei Gallery exhibits African, Asian, and Middle Eastern art, and the Language Centre provides courses in over 50 languages.
As a student at SOAS, you’ll make friends hanging out in the beautiful Japanese rooftop garden and visit the student hub in the North Block of the iconic Senate House. You’re just a short walk away from many cultural amenities. There are plenty of sports and clubs for you to join. The environment is friendly, welcoming, and international, and you’ll never run out of things to do.
Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling:
- Harry Potter Studio Tour
- Tower of London
- London Street Art Tour
- Hampton Court Day Excursion
- Keats house
- and more...
Arcadia is a nationally recognized leader in higher education, offering exceptional study, research and internship experiences for students from colleges and universities across the US. Our unique combination of customized, diverse academic programming and comprehensive support allows students to explore new worlds, get to know themselves, boost their resumes for future job opportunities and graduate school, and experience the incredible growth and shifts in perspective that a culturally immersive experience can deliver.
- Setting Description:
- While SOAS' Russell Square Campus and new Vernon Squares Campus are situated in the center of London, you'll appreciate the friendly atmosphere found on each campus. And, when it's time for a break from all this cerebral activity, simply stepping out of the building will engulf you in the delightful chaos of London. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please visit our website. · Harry Potter Studio Tour · London Street Art Tour · Hampton Court Day Excursion · Rugby or Football Match · and more...
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia
Additional Program Information
- 3.3 - Recommended 3.0 - For Consideration
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program