- Canberra, Australia; Sydney, Australia; Melbourne, Australia
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Winter Semester
- Program Description:
Would you like a unique opportunity to travel and study in three major Australian cities while gaining a deeper understanding of Australian culture through sport? This exciting program takes place in January, which is summertime in the Southern Hemisphere, and brings you to Melbourne, Sydney and Canberra. Topics will include: sport in pre-colonial Australia; sport and recreation in Australia as forms of social education; elite sport versus sport for all; violence and gender issues; The World Cup, the Commonwealth and Olympic Games and the globalization and commodification of sport; sport and the construction of regional and national identity; emerging trends in Australian recreation; sport and the media.
Lectures, guest speakers, field studies and activities focus on a range of sporting and recreational pursuits from professional elite sports to informal community events. Such engaging learning styles will help you gain an understanding of sport and its influence on Australian culture. You will reflect on the experience in a journal, an oral presentation, and an academic paper.
Arcadia University opens the doors to new experiences, different academic learning, people, cultures and perspectives so you can build your own lifelong learning and memories:
- Explore a new world – excursions, activities, events, …
- Get to know yourself - then change! Gain a new view of the world and your place in it.
- Rely on us for support: 9 centers covering 12 countries worldwide
- Boost your résumé – employers AND graduate schools.
- Setting Description:
- This is an ideal opportunity to travel and study in three major Australian cities while gaining a deeper understanding of Australian culture through sport. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please visit our website. · Great Barrier Reef · Surf Lessons · The Grampians · Broken Bay · North Stradbroke Island · and more...
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia
Additional Program Information
- 2.5 - Recommended 2.3 - For Consideration
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program