- Canberra, Australia; Wellington, New Zealand
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
The program will challenge students to consider their perceptions of nature and how they interact with it. By the end of the five weeks, students will be able to discuss the historical relationships humans have had with the natural environment, recognize the therapeutic nature of a wilderness experience, plan and execute a supervised wilderness expedition, as well as identify significant flora, fauna, and geology of the regions visited. Suited for all majors, this program will challenge you physically, as you hike and camp in the stunning landscapes of both countries.
This unique summer program gives students the opportunity to explore and engage with the stunning landscape of Australia and New Zealand while gaining an understanding of the influence of the wilderness experience on human behavior as well as its significance to the indigenous and contemporary societies in Australia and New Zealand. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling: Great Barrier Reef, Australian Outback, South Island alpine, Abel Tasman National Park, Volcanic and geothermal region of the North Island, and more...
Arcadia University opens the doors to new experiences, different academic learning, people, cultures and perspectives so you can build your own lifelong learning and memories:
- Explore a new world – excursions, activities, events, …
- Get to know yourself - then change! Gain a new view of the world and your place in it.
- Rely on us for support: 9 centers covering 12 countries worldwide
- Boost your résumé – employers AND graduate schools.
- Setting Description:
- In this summer field studies program you will spend three weeks in Australia and two in New Zealand studying environmental ethics, culture and sustainability. You will gain an understanding of Australia and New Zealand’s unique wilderness environments and their significance to indigenous and contemporary societies by covering topics that include, the relationship between humans and nature; psycho-evolutionary theory; conservation, sustainability and climate change; and leadership and personal development through wilderness experience. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please visit our website. · Kakadu National Park · Great Barrier Reef · Australian Outback · See the majestic South Island alpine and wilderness of New Zealand and Abel Tasman National Park · Walk through the volcanic and geothermal region of the North Island · and more...
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia
Additional Program Information
- · GPA: 2.3 on a 4.0 scale
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program