- Athens, Greece
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Eager to gain skills and experience of the world of work while abroad? The Athens Internship could be perfect for you. You’ll spend six hours a week in your placement and enjoy seminar sessions designed to give time to discuss and reflect on your experience and how to adapt that experience in the future. You’ll also create a term project and spend time getting to know this magnetic country, its people and its unrivaled culture and heritage.
You will take the internship core course as well as other Arcadia in Greece courses. These include the Arcadia Core Course; The Greek Key - which helps you understand and experience the cultural landscape of Greece. You will also take; Modern Greek Language and Two electives, which include courses in history, Greek literature, art architecture, philosophy, environmental policy and economics. Past placements for the internship program have included; International Alliance of Women; Munting Nayon Cultural School; Athens Insider Magazine; Doctors of the World; Caritas-Hellas (NGO); Library and Archives of the British School; The Therapeutic Riding Association of Greece; The Sea Turtle Protection Society of Greece; Institute of Economic Relations.
Arcadia University opens the doors to new experiences, different academic learning, people, cultures and perspectives so you can build your own lifelong learning and memories:
- Explore a new world – excursions, activities, events, …
- Get to know yourself - then change! Gain a new view of the world and your place in it.
- Rely on us for support: 9 centers covering 11 countries worldwide
- Boost your résumé – employers AND graduate schools.
- Setting Description:
- You'll enjoy the Arcadia Center's central location, which is within walking distance of Syntagma (Constitution) Square, a bustling commercial area and the governmental core of Athens. Small classes, close contact with professors and living in a Greek neighborhood are just some of the characteristics that make the Arcadia Center program such a wonderful study abroad opportunity. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please visit our website. · Athens Excursion to the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion · Greek Cooking Lessons · Olive Harvest · Olympiacos Football Match · and more...
- See website for details. Scholarships available.
Additional Program Information
- 2.8 GPA Recommended 2.8 GPA For Consideration
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out different funding sources for study abroad - from Arcadia and other foundations...
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program