- Rome, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
As one of the world’s most visited cities, Rome is a study abroad destination on every student’s wish list. This summer program can give you an extraordinary peek into The Eternal City and beyond, learning about Italian life from the locals in the streets and neighborhoods of this ancient yet cosmopolitan city and of other places in Italy. The focus is on field study and learning outside the normal academic classroom set up.
With summer sessions you can choose one of the following courses to take while in Rome. You can also mix and match a session in Rome with one of our other locations in the series:
Modern Life in the Eternal City - Explore contemporary life and culture through different neighborhoods and communities in Rome. The course covers language basics as well as Mediterranean lifestyle in the summer, connecting history, georgraphy, culture, and artistic hallmarks of the Eternal City.
Sketching Rome: Introduction to Drawing - Sketch, paint, and write about your experience in the Eternal City. You will explore the city with your professor and your sketch pad as you record your version of what lies in front of you.
Arcadia University opens the doors to new experiences, different academic learning, people, cultures and perspectives so you can build your own lifelong learning and memories:
- Explore a new world – excursions, activities, events, …
- Get to know yourself - then change! Gain a new view of the world and your place in it.
- Rely on us for support: 9 centers covering 12 countries worldwide
- Boost your résumé – employers AND graduate schools.
- Setting Description:
- Rome, an energetic, fast-paced metropolis with a profusion of fashion, style, music, and motorcars, is a city in constant motion with a stunning background of historical architecture and artifacts.Throughout Rome and its neighborhoods, the trappings of modern life flourish beside Etruscan tombs, Imperial temples, early Christian churches, medieval bell towers, and Renaissance palaces. Here, contemporary buildings contrast with ancient Roman architecture and the foundations of some modern-day churches trace back nearly two millennia. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please visit our website. · Amalfi Coast · Film Festivals · Trip to Roman Baths and Wine Vineyards · Explore Agriturismo, Outdoor Markets, Food and Flavors · and more...
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia
Additional Program Information
- 2.5 GPA - Recommended 2.0 GPA - For Consideration
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program