- Athens, Greece
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
The Arcadia Athens Center provides an environment that will enable you to learn about Greece - its language, history and culture. You'll discover the issues and concerns that are shaping Greece today. The Arcadia Center offers a wide variety of courses that delve into Greek history, politics and culture throughout the ages. In Athens, learning isn't just about sitting in the classroom.
Our cornerstone course, The Greek Key: Experiencing Athens, was designed to aid students in the cross-cultural learning process and involves students in Greek community life. You do not need to speak Greek to enroll in the program at the Arcadia Center. All courses, with the exception of the Greek language courses (mandatory for all students), are taught in English.
Arcadia University opens the doors to new experiences, different academic learning, people, cultures and perspectives so you can build your own lifelong learning and memories:
- Explore a new world – excursions, activities, events, …
- Get to know yourself - then change! Gain a new view of the world and your place in it.
- Rely on us for support: 9 centers covering 12 countries worldwide
- Boost your résumé – employers AND graduate schools.
- Setting Description:
- You'll enjoy the Arcadia Center's central location, which is within walking distance of Syntagma (Constitution) Square, a bustling commercial area and the governmental core of Athens. Small classes, close contact with professors and living in a Greek neighborhood are just some of the characteristics that make the Arcadia Center program such a wonderful study abroad opportunity. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please visit our website. · Athens Excursion to the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion · Greek Cooking Lessons · Olive Harvest · Olympiacos Football Match · and more...
- See website for details. Scholarships available.
Additional Program Information
- 2.5 GPA - Recommended 2.3 GPA - For Consideration
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out different funding sources for study abroad - from Arcadia and other foundations...
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program