Students will discover what “global” means in a Latin American and Chilean context in two courses, one on Globalization and Social justice and one on the Spanish language. Students will have many opportunities to engage with the vibrant culture.
- Valparaiso, Chile
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
- Students will have the opportunity to discover what global means in a Latin American and Chilean context, in two courses, one on Globalization and Social Justice and a Spanish language course. Valparaíso is the classroom, and students will engage in the university and the community, from the university to Valparaíso, Santiago and surrounding areas. In addition to the courses, taught in English, students will be involved in a wide variety of co- and extra-curricular activities. Full immersion is enhanced by homestay housing for all students. For either five or 10 weeks over the summer, take advantage or what the beautiful Chilean costal city of Valparaíso has to offer. You will have the option to attend one or both of the 5 week summer sessions that are available. Each session awards 6 credits. Spanish classes of all levels are available. Your level will be determined by a placement test during orientation. Classes are taught by faculty from the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Valparaíso in university classrooms and on site in Valparaíso. Arcadia University opens the doors to new experiences, different academic learning, people, cultures and perspectives so you can build your own lifelong learning and memories: · Enjoy academic success – earn credit abroad · Explore a new world – excursions, activities, events… · Get to know yourself - then change! Gain a new view of the world and your place in it. · Rely on us for support: 10 centers in 15 countries worldwide · Boost your resume – employers AND graduate school
- Setting Description:
- Chile occupies a strip between the Andes and the Pacific. It borders Peru, Bolivia, and Argentina. It has an array of landscapes: the Atacama Desert, vineyards, rainforests lakes, glaciers and peaks of Patagonia and over 3,000 miles of coastline. Chile has a rich and complicated history. Today, Chile is one of South America's most stable and prosperous nations. The country leads Latin American nations in human development, competitiveness, income per capita, globalization, and economic freedom. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please visit our website. · City tour of Santiago · Walking tour of Valparaiso · Casablanca Valley Vineyard · Atacama Desert overnight trip · and more...
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia
Additional Program Information
- · GPA: 2.3 on a 4.0 scale for consideration · GPA 2.5 recommended
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program