- Valparaiso, Chile
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Whatever your level of Spanish, you can enjoy a semester based in the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Valparaíso, Chile, with its vibrant street art sub-culture and its architectural beauty. Learn the language, become involved in the local community and gain an understanding of the special Chilean culture, history and society. This program focuses on Spanish language, Chilean culture and contemporary Latin American studies, with electives taught in Spanish or English.
Students of all Spanish levels, from beginner to advanced, will take Spanish language and Chilean culture in addition to electives of their choice that are taught in English or Spanish. Two semesters of college-level Spanish or the equivalent are required. All students will take a placement test at PUCV during orientation to determine Spanish language level and elective eligibility. There are a variety of interesting and compelling courses in Latin American studies available to studies of all levels at PUCV's international school, as well as the possibility to enroll directly in a specific academic department to take courses with Chilean students.
Arcadia University opens the doors to new experiences, different academic learning, people, cultures and perspectives so you can build your own lifelong learning and memories:
- Explore a new world – excursions, activities, events, …
- Get to know yourself - then change! Gain a new view of the world and your place in it.
- Rely on us for support: 9 centers covering 12 countries worldwide
- Boost your résumé – employers AND graduate schools.
- Setting Description:
- Valparaíso (or "Valpo" as the locals call it), is located in central Chile. Lying between the Andes and Pacific Ocean, the city lies 68 miles northwest of Santiago. As Chile’s primary commercial harbor, the city was built into steep hillsides, overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Valparaíso is known as “The Jewel of the Pacific” and was declared a UNESCO world heritage site based upon its improvised urban design and unique architecture. Valparaíso has always been a source of inspiration for artists of all types, including Chilean poet, Pablo Neruda whose childhood home is in Valparaiso. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please visit our website. · City tour of Santiago · Walking tour of Valparaiso · Casablanca Valley Vineyard · Atacama Desert overnight trip · and more...
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia
Additional Program Information
- · GPA: 2.3 on a 4.0 scale for consideration · GPA 2.5 recommended
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program