The Arava Institute is at the forefront of environmental studies and research in the Middle East where students explore a range of environmental issues from a transboundary perspective under the guidance of leading environmental professionals.<
- Eilat, Israel
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Year Round
- Program Description:
The Arava Institute houses semester and year-long academic programs, internships, research, and international initiatives on a range of environmental concerns and challenges. Students in the university-level interdisciplinary academic program receive a cutting-edge environmental education. Interns contribute substantively to transboundary research while gaining valuable experience for their future careers. All program participants also take part in Environmental and Peacebuilding Leadership Seminars during their time at the Institute.
The Arava Institute is at the forefront of environmental studies and research in the Middle East where students explore a range of environmental issues from a transboundary perspective. Under the guidance of leading environmental professionals and researchers, students maintain a full course-load that focuses on water management, renewable energy, ecology, sustainable agriculture, and environmental politics. Students also have the opportunity to go through case studies specific to the Middle East region to learn more about peacebuilding and environmental cooperation.
The Arava Institute provides students with an exceptional interdisciplinary environmental education that combines natural and social science with conflict mitigation training. Our students investigate the many narratives that comprise the history, politics, and culture of Israel, while living together with people from around the world. Our alumni emerge from the Arava Institute with a deeper commitment to sustainability, cooperation and entrepreneurship, as well as the practical knowledge needed to combat the escalating environmental global crisis.
- Setting Description:
- The Arava Institute is located on Kibbutz Ketura, one of Israel’s traditional models of communal living committed to egalitarian values. Occasional educational field trips in the surrounding desert landscape and communities allow participants to explore.
- $9,000 USD. •North Americans: For All-inclusive program fees, please contact us. Students continuing for a second semester will receive a $500 remittance for a consecutive semester. Scholarships up to $2,000 are available for eligible students from U.S. institutions.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- A number of scholarships are available. Please contact Ari Massefski at [email protected] for more information.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program