API was founded in 1997 by four women dedicated to providing high-quality, affordable study abroad programs for U.S. students. Their diverse experiences abroad, first as students and later as professionals, shaped their philosophy on the value of international education as a means of promoting intellectual curiosity, cultural sensitivity, and holistic personal development. API firmly believes that extensive pre-departure preparation, coupled with strong support services on-site, facilitates academic, cultural and linguistic learning. Within the supportive environment of the API programs, API students are encouraged to explore their host communities and become increasingly independent and confident in their own abilities. API also believes that study abroad should be an activity that is accessible to as many students as possible, and in that vein, seeks to include as many components in the program price as possible for students at a low cost.
API programs offer U.S. college and university students the opportunity to earn college credit toward their degree programs in the U.S. by completing coursework in a wide variety of disciplines, including such fields as business, the social sciences, medical studies and the arts. In combination with its academic offerings, API strives to maximize each student's potential for personal growth through well-designed orientation programs, extensive cultural and social outings, carefully selected housing options, and a variety of excursions. API takes student safety seriously and provides extensive safety information, medical and evacuation insurance, and 24-hour emergency access to directors on site to ensure that students stay healthy and happy abroad.
API has grown rapidly since its founding nearly 20 years ago. We now send more than 4,000 students and participants abroad annually to over 50 cities within twenty-nine countries in Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America, the Middle East and Oceania. Our success is owed in large part to the dedication of our staff, both stateside and abroad, and the strong relationships we have cultivated with partner universities. We strive to provide individual attention to every participant and attract students from colleges and universities across the United States, public and private, large and small.
Programs from API
- APIAPI students have several options for summer study abroad in Limerick, including business and Irish studies. The available tracks combine academic rigor with opportunities to experience contemporary life in Ireland and view some spectacular scenery!
- APIStudents who choose to study abroad in Lisbon with API elect from courses on Portuguese culture and history and international business, taught in English. Students will also be offered the opportunity to take Portuguese language courses.
- APICome explore one of Europes hottest capital cities - Lisbon, Portugal! API offers a January term program in addition to semester, year, and summer programs with great courses offered in English with options to learn the Portuguese language.
- APIStudents take business courses in English in the vibrant capital of Portugal. Explore and learn Lisbon in the summertime to experience the city's delicious cuisine, lively music and arts scene, and rich historical sites.
- APIStudents who choose to study abroad in Lisbon with API will learn about Portugal’s many major contributions to world history and have the opportunity to brush up on their Portuguese language skills.
- APICentral Saint Martins is an exiting and energetic creative factory, bringing together students from the widest range of disciplines under one roof. Independent, risk-taking students who embrace the challenge of self direction thrive here!
- APIThe Theatre Academy London (TAL ) program at the Florida State University London Study Center is a training program that enables students to study with some of London’s leading theatre artists and earn academic credit toward their degrees.
- APIThe internationally renowned LSE summer school offers an extensive range of courses in accounting and finance, economics, international studies, law and management, taught by the same leading LSE faculty who lead the academic year programs.
- APILCF summer programs cover a range of specifically tailored, professional, career-oriented courses in fashion and footwear design. They are carefully designed to ensure a balance of theory and skills-based learning.
- APILondon College of Fashion’s rich heritage and responsiveness to changes in design practice have positioned it as a leading global provider of fashion education, research and consultancy.