- Rome, Italy
- Program Type:
- Teach Abroad
- Degree Level:
- 1-2 weeks, 3-4 weeks, 1-3 months, 4-6 months, 1 year
- Teach Abroad:
- Placement Audience:
- 0-6 years old, 6-12 years old, 12-15 years old, 15-18 years old, Adults, Tutor
- Program Description:
API’s tutor abroad program consists of a guaranteed position to serve as a conversational English tutor in an Italian family from 1-3 months in duration. Participants are able to join this program at various times throughout the year and are expected to contribute 15 hours per week toward tutoring members of the host family in conversational English. In exchange, the API participant gets to live with a host family, have most meals covered, and experience the wonders of living in Italy in one of the most engaging and economical ways imaginable!
- Guaranteed position to serve as a conversational English tutor in an Italian family
- Minimum 1 month, maximum 3-month commitment
- Various start dates possible (runs throughout entire year)
- 15 hours/week tutoring member(s) of the family in conversational English, may help with homework
- Placements located in cities and towns throughout Italy
- Setting Description:
- Italy is one of Europe’s most complex and alluring destinations. A modern, industrialized nation, with an artistic and architectural legacy that few other countries can rival, it’s also a Mediterranean country with a southern European sensibility, where traditional attitudes still prevail. Thriving small businesses contribute to strong regional identities, helping Italy avoid some of the bland effects of globalization. In towns and villages all over the country, life grinds to a halt in the middle of the day for a long lunch. Italy continues to be very family-oriented and puts emphasis on keeping strong family ties. If there is a single national characteristic, it’s to embrace life to the full: in the hundreds of local festivals taking place across the country on any given day, to celebrate a saint or the local harvest; in the importance placed on good food; in the obsession with clothes and image; and above all in the daily domestic ritual of the collective evening stroll or passeggia
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, housing, medical & life insurance, alumni network, and more!
Additional Program Information
- Program requires native English-speaking ability; participants must be at least 21 years old.
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program