Courses usually run from September through May, or September through September. Some programs may also be available on a semester basis for students currently enrolled in a graduate program in their home country. Many programs may be completed in 1 year,
- Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
- Adjacent to Dubai, Sharjah is the third largest of the seven Emirates that make up the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Formed in 1971, the federation comprises the Emirates of Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, Ras Al Khaimah, Fujairah, Ajman and Umm Al Quwain. The UAE is located on the eastern side of the Arabian Peninsula, bordered to the south and west by Saudi Arabia and to the east by the Sultanate of Oman. Like its neighbor Qatar, the UAE has one of the strongest economies in the region and the world. The Emirates of the UAE have made great strides in reinvesting their wealth with an eye toward economic and environmental sustainability.
Sharjah is known as the “Cultural Capital of the UAE,” and has quite a lively history itself. Uniquely located on world trade routes and the only Emirate with direct access to both the Arabian Gulf and the Gulf of Oman, Sharjah has developed from a small trading town, relying on fishing and pearl diving, to one of the most modern, dynamic commercial and trade centers in the region.
Courses usually run from September through May, or September through September. Some programs may also be available on a semester basis for students currently enrolled in a graduate program in their home country. Many programs may be completed in 1 year, though this varies per program. Graduate programs are coed. Contact the API office for specific program requirements per program.
Pre-Departure Services: Advising, api Online Resources, Orientation Materials and Support, Mobile Phone, Peer Mentors, Social Networking, Scholarships On-Site Services: Airport Reception, Resident Directors, Housing, Tuition, Tutoring, Language and Culture Tools, Medical and Life Insurance, Excursions (overnight and international), Social and Cultural Activities, Welcome and Farewell Group Meals, Volunteer Opportunities Re-Entry Services: Re-Entry Materials and Support, Post-Program Evaluation, Transcript, Alumni Network and Development Opportunities
- Setting Description:
- Students may study an unfamiliar culture in a familiar setting through API at the American University of Sharjah (AUS). AUS was founded in 1997 and is consciously based upon the American system of higher education. The beautiful campus has been described by many as the “jewel of Sharjah” and is itself a must-see destination for tourists and dignitaries alike. Thoroughly grounded in Arab culture, AUS is a leading comprehensive coeducational university in the Gulf, serving students from the region and around the world. AUS is accredited in the U.S. by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, and is licensed in the United States by the Department of Education of the State of Delaware. The university is also licensed by the UAE Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, and all undergraduate and graduate programs have been awarded either full or initial accreditation. The School of Business is AACSB accredited, and all six of
Additional Program Information
- Financial Aid:
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program