- Sevilla, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Founded in 1502, the University of Seville is one of the most well-known universities in Spain. The University is located in the heart of the city and features some of Seville’s most beautiful buildings. Students focus on language acquisition, cultural enrichment, and historical discoveries.
Students who want to study abroad in Seville during the summer term have an exciting option with API at the University of Seville. Students complete two courses during the summer 1 session for 45 contact hours each at the University of Seville. One course focuses on Spanish grammar, while the other focuses on Spanish culture.
- Setting Description:
- Seville, capital of Andalusia and Spain’s 4th largest city, is located between the Sierra Morena mountains and the Atlantic Ocean. Enjoying culture from the Romans, Visigoths, Muslims, Jews and Christians throughout the ages, and serving as the focal point of the Spanish Renaissance, Seville is rich in history and tradition. When visiting Seville one can experience the city as it was centuries ago. The lovely winding streets and active public squares of the Barrio Santa Cruz allow the visitor insight into the oldest portion of the city, and the list of monuments and historic sites is seemingly endless. The Tower of Gold once served as landmark for arriving ships and Seville’s amazing Cathedral houses the tomb of Christopher Columbus. The 12th century Moorish palace, the Alcázar, is the oldest palace-fortress still in use by European royalty. While studying, exploring the streets, visiting museums, or soaking up Spanish culture, API students in Seville gain a broad education in Spanish
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, and more!
Additional Program Information
- *Minimum 2.5 G.P.A. *Open to intermediate and advanced- level Spanish speakers
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program