- Santiago, Chile
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Winter Semester
- Program Description:
Students selecting Santiago as their study abroad destination will complete their coursework at the Universidad Alberto Hurtado (UAH). The UAH is a Jesuit university focusing on social sciences and the humanities, with the goal of understanding the complex economic, political and cultural problems within Chile and Latin America as a whole. Located in a historic area of Santiago, students will enjoy studying in a beautiful environment alongside local Chilean students.
Students wishing to study Spanish language and culture intensively at the advanced level are ideally suited to the January Intersession Program. The course consists of three parts related to the following topics: Culture and Oral Expression Grammar and Poetry Latin American Short Stories
- Setting Description:
- Santiago, both the capital and largest city in Chile, bustles with activity and is home to more than a third of the nation’s inhabitants. Despite its large size, Santiago’s extensive public transport system, including an underground subway, makes it an easy city to navigate. Founded in 1541, the city is nestled in a plain between the Andes Mountains. It is the country’s political, cultural and economic center and boasts all of the corresponding attractions. Students will enjoy its incredible views, where the city’s skyscrapers and surrounding mountains can be admired from afar, as well as its museums, historic sites, shopping centers and restaurants.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, and more!
Additional Program Information
- *Minimum 2.5 G.P.A. *Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors *Open to students who have completed a minimum of five semesters of college Spanish or the equivalent
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program