- Santa Clara, Cuba
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Students who study abroad in Santa Clara, Cuba with API on the Integrated Studies Program will be able to take courses with Cuban students at the Universidad Central Marta Abreu de Las Villas (UCLV). This program is a great opportunity for the motivated, superior level Spanish speaker who wants to study abroad with complete immersion.
API students can choose from a number of courses at the Universidad Central Marta Abreu de Las Villas (UCLV) in subjects as diverse as accounting, architecture, Cuban history and culture, economics, engineering, sociology, Spanish language, and more!
UCLV is renown throughout Cuba as the second most important university after Havana and the one with the highest academic qualifications and rankings. There are also many student clubs and activities for undergraduates, including the Federacion Estudiantil Universitaria, or union of students.
- Setting Description:
- Surrounded by beautiful scenery, accessible beaches, Santa Clara hosts Cuba's second best university. A smaller, more walkable Cuban city, Santa Clara has a vibrant city nightlife and music scene.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, and more!
Additional Program Information
- *Minimum 3.0 G.P.A. required. *Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors.*Must be enrolled as a degree-seeking undergraduate student and under the age of 25. *Open to advanced level Spanish speakers (with a minimum of 4-5 semesters of college-level Spanish or the equivalent).
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program