- San Jose, Costa Rica
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Founded in 1991, Universidad Veritas is a private university that prides itself on the development of non-linear critical thought and creativity. The university’s mission statement emphasizes the student’s active participation in the learning process; every student is expected to play the role of protagonist in his/her own academic development. Approximately 1,700 students attend the university in any given semester. Operating programs for international students since 1993, the Universidad Veritas offers an incredible amount of academic options. Students may select Spanish language courses from the beginning to advanced levels, complete a multitude of elective coursework in Spanish or English, or enroll in art, design and architecture courses with local Costa Rican students. Students also have full access to university amenities, including extracurricular activities such as dance classes, conversation partners, volunteer work and cooking lessons.
Students who choose to study abroad in San José through API’s Intensive Language Program at the Universidad Veritas focus on improving their Spanish skills rapidly through an intensive language course.
Students participating in the Summer 1 session at the Universidad Veritas have the option to complete an intensive Spanish course over the course of four weeks.
Students participating in the five-week Summer 2 session will select one of two tracks. Track 1 allows students to complete one intensive language course. Students who wish to complete an elective course in lieu of the language course may do so with API approval. Track 2 allows students to complete one intensive language course combined with one elective course. Programs fees for the second track are higher to reflect the additional course fees.
- Setting Description:
- Located in the central valley of Costa Rica, San José is a vibrant urban center in the heart of a serene and beautiful nation. Three volcanoes surround the city, and quaint villages, farms and coffee plantations dot the hillsides. Though the metropolitan area is home to 36% of the nation’s population, one can easily explore the smaller central area of the city and discover its neighborhood markets and local restaurants. Cultural opportunities including theater, music, cinema and dance are also abundant in San José. Visit the Museo Nacional; the Museo de Oro Precolombino, with its sparkling collection of pre-Columbian gold; or the Museo de Jade, which boasts the world’s largest collection of jade.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, and more!
Additional Program Information
- Minimum 2.6 G.P.A. Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors Open to all levels of Spanish speakers
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program