- Quito, Ecuador
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
The Government Internship Program at the Universidad San Francisco de Quito (USFQ) is designed for students interested in public policy and administration, social development and international cooperation. Students will complete an internship within a local government office in Quito. On average, students will work approximately 30 hours per week. Students will benefit from an in-class component that provides a platform for analyzing the Ecuadorian workplace and cultural norms. In combination with the internship hours, this in-class component and corresponding assignments allow students to earn 3 U.S. semester credits. Students who are interested in completing a language course may choose to do so at the USFQ for an additional fee.
Department of Culture Department of Environment Department of Mobility General Administration Mayor’s Office Ministry of Communication Ministry of Education Ministry of Health Ministry of Security and Governance Ministry of Social Inclusion Ministry of Housing Office of International Relations Quito Tourism Office
- Setting Description:
- Quito, Ecuador’s capital city, is nestled in the Andes Mountains and is approximately two miles above sea level. Its population of nearly two million makes it the second largest city in the country. Prior to the arrival of the Incas in the 1400s, Quito was occupied by other indigenous groups. Following the fall of the Incas to the invading Spanish conquistadores in the 1500s, Catholic sects built elaborate churches and convents. Quito became a center of colonial administration and art. The city’s historic center was declared a UNESCO world heritage site in 1978 and it is known for being one of the largest and most well preserved colonial areas in the Americas. Students can study this beautiful city and get to know the “serranos” or “Quiteños,” as residents of Quito are called, while enjoying a temperate climate with just two seasons (dry and rainy).
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, and more!
Additional Program Information
- *Minimum 2.8 G.P.A. *Open to rising juniors and seniors *Open to students who have completed a minimum of four semesters of college-level Spanish or the equivalent
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program