Camberwell College of Art is a century old institution at the heart of a bohemian, community that values inventiveness, collaboration and curiosity. The college is located next to the South London Gallery, in one of the city’s most vibrant, urban boroughs
- London, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Spring Semester, Winter Semester
- Program Description:
- Camberwell College of Art is a century old institution at the heart of a bohemian, community that values inventiveness, collaboration and curiosity. The college is located next to the South London Gallery, in one of the city’s most vibrant, urban boroughs – a lively, friendly environment, brimming with artist’s studios. Student population: 1,746 There are two main types of study programs of study at Camberwell as follows: Integrated Programs TOTAL CREDIT HOURS 40 UAL credits per term (12 semester credits) Students enroll directly alongside local undergraduate students who are full-time, degree-seeking students. API semester/year students in these University of the Arts, London programmes are fully integrated into the college and study alongside British and international students. Students are required to work more independently than they may be accustomed to at their home institution. While teaching is not conducted in a traditional U.S. lecture-based class setting, students receive guidance from faculty and are helped to identify the resources they need to reach course goals. Course content is delivered in a variety of ways, including individual and group tutorials, projects, seminars, lectures, and museum, gallery and studio visits. Special Semester Study Abroad Programs TOTAL CREDIT HOURS 12 – 16 U.S. credits per semester. A selection of programmes designed specifically with Study Abroad students in mind. The teaching is more structured and there is more faculty support than on the integrated programmes, and the dates more closely match the US semester calendar. Designed for international students, these 14 week programs are in most cases 50% integrated with local students and 50% tailored to study abroad students. Courses at Camberwell College of Art are offered in London Contemporary Art Theory. Study abroad students taking either type of programme at Camberwell can also opt to take an additional two-week, three-credit ‘European Art History module’. Pre-Departure Services: Advising, @api Online Resources, Orientation Materials and Support, Mobile Phone, Peer Mentors, Social Networking, Scholarships On-Site Services: Airport Reception, Resident Directors, Housing, Tuition, Tutoring, Language and Culture Tools, Medical and Life Insurance, Excursions (overnight and international), Social and Cultural Activities, Welcome and Farewell Group Meals, Re-Entry Services: Re-Entry Materials and Support, Post-Program Evaluation, Transcript, Alumni Network and Development Opportunities
- Setting Description:
- London, an international center of business, fine arts, design, theater, technology, politics and finance, has inspired creativity and cutting-edge innovation for centuries. There is something for everyone in London: a bustling financial district, street markets, green spaces and elaborate parks, ruins, monuments, political machinations, art galleries and museums. Monuments to Britain’s glorious past are found throughout London, including the Tower of London, the Old Royal Observatory in Greenwich, the British Museum, and Trafalgar Square. Because of its famed galleries, the energy of Soho, the history that lives in the streets, the pub scene and the tranquility of London’s parks, London is alive with sources of inspiration.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, and more!
Additional Program Information
- *Minimum 3.0 G.P.A. *Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors *Must have completed at least one year in major of desired field of study
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program