- London, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Spring Semester, Winter Semester
- Program Description:
University of the Arts, London is a collegiate university comprising 6 internationally renowned colleges of art, design, communications, fashion and the performing arts, and as such is the largest provider of higher level education in the arts in Europe. All the colleges are located within London and each college is at the heart of their respective communities. Drawing on and contributing to the local culture, they foster closely-knit and welcoming environments in which to study, supported by all the resources of the larger University and the wider arts community. The University’s 1,228 teaching staff; as active professional artists, practitioners, designers, critics and theorists, lead the way on creative and experimental practice alongside historical and theoretical analysis. The combination of a varied student group, cutting-edge research and highly-experienced staff creates a unique, multifaceted learning experience for students at the University.
Camberwell College of Art is a century old institution at the heart of a bohemian, community that values inventiveness, collaboration and curiosity. The college is located next to the South London Gallery, in one of the city’s most vibrant, urban boroughs – a lively, friendly environment, brimming with artist’s studios. Student population: 1,746 There are two main types of study programs of study at Camberwell as follows: Integrated Programs which allow students to enroll directly alongside local undergraduate students who are full-time, degree-seeking students. API semester/year students in these University of the Arts, London programmes are fully integrated into the college and study alongside British and international students. Students are required to work more independently than they may be accustomed to at their home institution. While teaching is not conducted in a traditional U.S. lecture-based class setting, students receive guidance from faculty and are helped to identify the resources they need to reach course goals. Course content is delivered in a variety of ways, including individual and group tutorials, projects, seminars, lectures, and museum, gallery and studio visits. There are also the Special Semester Study Abroad Programs, which are a selection of programmes designed specifically with Study Abroad students in mind. The teaching is more structured and there is more faculty support than on the integrated programmes, and the dates more closely match the US semester calendar. Designed for international students, these 14 week programs are in most cases 50% integrated with local students and 50% tailored to study abroad students.
- Setting Description:
- London, an international center of business, fine arts, design, theater, technology, politics and finance, has inspired creativity and cutting-edge innovation for centuries. There is something for everyone in London: a bustling financial district, street markets, green spaces and elaborate parks, ruins, monuments, political machinations, art galleries and museums. Monuments to Britain’s glorious past are found throughout London, including the Tower of London, the Old Royal Observatory in Greenwich, the British Museum, and Trafalgar Square. Because of its famed galleries, the energy of Soho, the history that lives in the streets, the pub scene and the tranquility of London’s parks, London is alive with sources of inspiration.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, and more!
Additional Program Information
- *Minimum 3.0 G.P.A. *Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors *Must have completed at least one year in major of desired field of study
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program