- Dunedin, New Zealand
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
API students in Dunedin will have the opportunity to study at New Zealand’s oldest university – the University of Otago. The University of Otago has been rated by international students as one of the top universities in New Zealand in terms of quality of learning, living, support, and student services. API students will study alongside “Kiwis” and other international students.
Courses in New Zealand are commonly referred to as “papers.” Introductory papers are called 100-level papers; subsequent years or semesters are considered 200 and 300-level papers. 400-level papers are considered at the graduate level. Summer papers are worth 12 points (or approximately 6 ECTS /3 U.S. semester credits). Students will enroll in 1 papers during the 3-week summer term for approximately 3 U.S. semester credits. Students can expect to be in classes and on field trips most of the day (except for meal breaks) during the three-week intensive block. Weekends will generally be free, depending on the final field trip schedules. Students will be assigned readings in advance of their coursework to put them on a more level footing with their Kiwi counterparts.
- Setting Description:
- Dunedin (population 120,000), is the second-largest city on New Zealand’s South Island. Dunedin and the surrounding area are widely known as an eco-tourism destination, and a great jumping-off point for outdoor recreational activities such as hiking, skiing, trekking, and kayaking. The city is very easy to navigate for pedestrians, and its lively central shopping district is within walking distance of campus. Come study abroad with API in Dunedin and see why this city is a favorite for Kiwi students!
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, some meals, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, Learning and Engagement Badge Program and more!
Additional Program Information
- *3.0 G.P.A. *Open to sophomores, juniors and seniors
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program