- Dubrovnik, Croatia
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
API students will study at Libertas International University. Libertas, formerly DIU Libertas University, is the first private university in Croatia, ideally situated along the Adriatic Sea and located within the ancient city walls of Dubrovnik. Courses at Libertas focus on international relations, diplomacy, peace and conflict studies, and international business, and are intimate and immersive in nature. Libertas attracts first-rate faculty from across the world, and all of Libertas’ professors have served as active practitioners in their chosen field: they represent a group comprised of former Ambassadors, Ministers, economists, CEOs, artistic directors, and other business and political leaders. This combination of academic prestige and real-world experience will ensure that Libertas students are exposed to programs and courses that balance the theoretical with the practical.
The international relations and diplomacy courses offer an interdisciplinary approach to the constantly evolving field of international relations. Students consider a wide range of contemporary issues in international relations, from globalization to international organizations and international law to the role of civil society in global governance. The international business courses will prepare students for professional positions in a global business environment by combining theoretical studies with more practical knowledge in international economics and business. Students will gain knowledge in the full range of business disciplines while developing the problem-solving and interpersonal skills necessary for success in the business world. Courses are taught in English in an intimate and immersive setting with a diverse group of international students.
- Setting Description:
- The city of Dubrovnik is recognized throughout the world as a place with a distinct identity in terms of traits and factors which conditioned its development. These include diplomacy, international relations and trade, relations between civilizations and art. This rich heritage along with Dubrovnik’s marvelous diplomatic and economic history, which is still evident throughout the ancient city, makes it the perfect location to pursue the study of international affairs and business.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, and more!
Additional Program Information
- *2.5 G.P.A. *Open to freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program